• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Tool: BPL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
New Tool: EZ Particle Emitter Creator

This is a new tool I created today, and I'd like to get some feedback on it.

Also, any Vista users let me know if it works as I have yet to test it on Vista.

This program can create simple particle effects. It outputs an .MDL file which then can be converted into an .MDX file. You can import the .MDX file into your map and try out your new particle effect.

If you have questions about what a specific field does in the program, just click the text beside it and it'll show you what it does.

Please read the README.TXT included in the ZIP file for more information.

Bpl - 1.00 - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
^That. You can't just say "here's a new tool gaiz", post a link, and nothing else. We need to know what kind of program we're downloading; what it's suposed to do.

It helps if the name shows what it is (i.e. "Oinkerwinkle's Vertex Modifier" or "Magos Model Editor"), but you have to give some kind of description... o_O

Level 15
Exactly. You gave us very little information.

Is it only for creating particle effects, or is it a model editor?

2 simple questions that can be answered by downloading the tool, I know, but not very many people are going to download a tool that has little to no information about it.

Please provide more information.

Level 9
Exactly. You gave us very little information.

Is it only for creating particle effects, or is it a model editor?

2 simple questions that can be answered by downloading the tool, I know, but not very many people are going to download a tool that has little to no information about it.

Please provide more information.

I'm not sure if you read the updated description or not... but the program does what it says right here.

This program can create simple particle effects.

No one said anything about a model editor, so why would anyone go to that conclusion...

peq

peq

Level 6
I have just created this awesome particles in about one minute on windows vista using this tool:

attachment.php

But how do I make the particles have an other direction than just flying to the sky. How do I add gravity and color and such things?

It would also be nice to have some sort of preview because always using an other tool to find the textures and view the result takes most of the time you need to create the particles.

Attachments

• awesome.jpg
    awesome.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 210
Status
Not open for further replies.