• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Computer / Old Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello The hive

I have a new computer thats await me when I come home from work.
Its a really nice and powerfull mashine. To be more precise:

Its an Acer Aspire AS8930G-864G64Bn .

But the downside of the whole thing is that the OS is Vista. And Im worrying
about all the good old tools for warcraft. Can anyone tell me if these works
under Vista or there is a solution?

• 3dsmax 5 (heard it didnt work)
• WC3 Viewr
• Magos Model Editor
• MDX Pather
• The MDX/MDL Converter
• JNGP

Level 9
The machine does not matter, beyond that it is powerful enough to open a program.

The real issue is always the OS.

As for your questions... Im running Vista x64 and have only ever had one compatibility problem. JNGP works of course, the rest you may have to turn off UAC or run them as an administrator every time, though.

Oh, and WC3Viewer works. The converter does as well. Cant say for the rest, but as I said.. they should. Vista really does NOT have as many issues on it as people make it out to have.

Level 12
WC3 viewer and MDX/MDL converter work for sure.
I think Magos Model Editor and 3dsMax work as well.
Of JNPG and MDX Panther I'm not sure.

EDIT:
Just seen it :smile::xxd:,
Mooglefrooglian is right. Don't trust what everyone says about Vista. I've been using it for about 10 months and I've encountered few problems, mostly with old apps. I can even run Baldur's Gate I and Age of Empires I with no errors, better than some XP machines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.