• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

starship troopers on vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damnit...just got this sometimes fun average FPS game that came out in 2005 that i played on my old computer which is XP but now i got vista whiich is pure crap.Install the game i ran it menu works fine i cant see the game cutscenes and can only hear so i said ''hmm maybe its just the cutscenes'' so when the mission starts all i see is a gray retarded screen and when i move my mouse around it goes all over the place and the sounds are ok but the video is just a gray screen...as i said menus work fine but what the hell!?
Im not sure if its the compatibility or my graphics card.The game is made for XP but people say they can run it on their vista...So can you guys help me out?

My stuff

Acer
model is Aspire M5200
Vista home premium service pack 1
Processor AMD Phenom(TM)9550 Quad-Core processor 2.20 GHZ
MEMORY(RAM)4.00GB
System type is 64-bit operating system
and some kind of ATI thing or graphics card im not sure

Level 17
Go to the installed folder, find the games main ".exe" file (Like my Half life 2 .exe is "hl2.exe"). Right click, go to properties, click the Compatibility tab.

Check the box that says "Run in compatibility mode for:" then on the Drop down box select Windows XP. Press Ok and try the game again

Status
Not open for further replies.