• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Patch New Problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi all !

Sorry this is my first Forum post in my life so i hope i put everything in the right place and you can understand it ;) :eek:

But now i really need some help.

I had a version of Warcraft 1.07 and i made a map with custom abilities triggers etc. In orded to do more complex triggering and modding i had to update my client to the newest patch. Everything went well but when i tested my old map i had to realize the 90% of the spells is not working. The Morphing spell what is based on "Bear Form" Just disappear when i click on it and nothing happens. Some of the units still able to cast the spells but some of them just lost it.
My second problem is when i make new abilites in the new word editor in a brand new map is working with the unit which has the spell normally but i can not add that spell to another unit its just dont show up. I tried to add it like normally or even with trigger and still nothing.

I have a safety copy from the game and if i go back to the old editor and game everything working perfectly.

I hope you guys can help to me and i do not have to start all the thing from the start again.:);)

Level 12
@Postimmortal Whoa, it is more amazing how did you get your hands on 1.07... that is like ancient... something before 2004 maybe ?
Anyway, if you jum directly into the current patch 1.07 > 1.29.2 A LOT OF things would be changed. It is possible that even spells have been completely reworked and it is possible that even some spells are not the original spell.

The issue with Bear Form sounds like you have referenced the original and morped unit incorrectly... which is a fairly simple mistake to make.
The second issue sounds extremely weird and unlikely...

Maybe if you provide a 1.07 map some of the people who are more into behind-the-engine would be able to provide help ?

regards
-Ned

Level 7
1. The Bear form you used must have been the morphed unit as stated by Ned. Try adding the original one.
2. What do you mean it doesn't show? Did you base it off a hero ability? Even I got confused at first in this, remember, hero abilities do not appear in Unit abilities. Try making it Unit abilities if it is hero ability. Also try to change the race to what you are using. And then go to custom and select the spell on the unit you wish to add in the Object Editor.

And really, jumping from 1.07 to 1.29 is not good, man. It even heats up your computer. There has been a lot of changes and that might be a cause to the 2nd error, as well.
Whoa, it is more amazing how did you get your hands on 1.07... that is like ancient... something before 2004 maybe ?
No, Ned, it is not impossible. He must have downloaded it from the Internet and some of them even allow you to update it. Even I had 1.06 which could be updated.

@Postimmortal So see if it works. If it doesn't, save the map and download another version from the net or reinstall your game.

Level 1
Waoow guys ! First of all thank you for your super fast response.

I just found an old usb with a warcraft so i said why not. Thats why w had the 1.07 .
Yeah i thought the same, maybe the spells are totaly different down in the motor thats why. So i just start over again. Its fun to do it. But do you have any idea how can i fix the ability problem ?
I do as i normaly did before, for example place the Devour spell to a footman.( Just one the lot of try) If i do the same in the old editor on an old map its working but not in a new. Maybe some settings?

pyf

pyf

Level 32
I just found an old usb with a warcraft so i said why not. Thats why w had the 1.07 .
Did you buy the game?
Is your game properly installed?

In orded to do more complex triggering and modding i had to update my client to the newest patch. Everything went well [...]
Since I understand you successfully updated to v1.29.2, then please save your legally bought CD-Keys, and please attach them to your Battle.net account (if not done already).

Replacing Warcraft III CD Key Files
(applies to v1.28 and above)

Whoa, it is more amazing how did you get your hands on 1.07... that is like ancient... something before 2004 maybe ?
No, Ned, it is not impossible. He must have downloaded it from the Internet and some of them even allow you to update it. Even I had 1.06 which could be updated.
If one owns the original retail discs, I vaguely remember that installing TFT updates the game to v1.07.

And really, jumping from 1.07 to 1.29 is not good, man. It even heats up your computer.
Really?

So see if it works. If it doesn't, save the map and download another version from the net or reinstall your game.
You mean, use the official online installer by Blizzard after attaching your legally bought CD-Keys to your Battle.net account, right?

For the record, the previous offline standalone patches ranging from 1.24a to 1.27b are still available from Blizzard's servers to download, for the PC version of the game.
Blizzard offline updater

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Mmmm... isn't 1.07 TFT ?
I mean, the TFT expansion.
It is.
Isn't it what I have written?

Patch 1.07 - Liquipedia Warcraft Wiki

There are two sets of patches, one for RoC and one for TFT. Each has the same version numbers.

When one updates RoC (<=1.06) by installing the TFT expansion from the original retail discs, then the version number of the game becomes v1.07. French users may also notice that the FMV HumanEd.mpq will get updated in the process, because of a flaw in the original French retail version of RoC.

Last edited:
Level 1
OH, are you running it FROM the memory stick ?
Is your game properly installed?

No i am not running from memory stick , both version of the Game is properly Installed in different Folder.

Today i had more time to check everything and after a restart the" half" of the program started to work. Now i can add the abilities which are working (Devour Detonate Cannibalize) but some of them still not show up in my unit action bar (Berserk, Taunt ) and the Morphing spells show up in the action bar but after pressing it nothing happens. Even if i add to the Original Unit (Druid of the Claw) It is working if the ability is not touched but if i change the Alternate Form its just not working anymore. I think i do everything right because i also tried it in the old version and it is working there.

view.php

view.php

Attachments

• akcio1.png
    akcio1.png
    987.2 KB · Views: 41
  • akcio2.png
    akcio2.png
    957.6 KB · Views: 60
  • ujakcio1.png
    ujakcio1.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 33
  • ujakcio2.png
    ujakcio2.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 57
Level 12
Hmm, if your computer has less RAM. I told you that I had the version. That time, my computer had only 2 GB Ram. It had shut down while updating.
It is not the ram but the processor that produces the most heat.
My computer has 8RAM but heats up just by existing... :| The cooling system is totally ridiculous, that's what you get from stock machines...

@pyf amm, not exactly, but I see what you meant now.

regards
-Ned

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Hmm, if your computer has less RAM. I told you that I had the version. That time, my computer had only 2 GB Ram. It had shut down while updating.
What on earth does this have to do with it making your computer run hot... I run a toaster for a computer and updating Warcraft III does not even get my fans to speed up due to the IO bottleneck.

Postimmortal please check that your version of Warcraft III is working properly by downloading and playing known 1.29 compatible maps. If those maps play flawlessly then the problem is with how you have made/used the custom abilities in your map. If the map does not play flawlessly, then you need to reinstall Warcraft III from BattleNet.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
And really, jumping from 1.07 to 1.29 is not good, man. It even heats up your computer. [...]
My computer has 8RAM but
heats up just by existing... :| The cooling system is totally ridiculous, that's what you get from stock machines...
@Abishkar @nedio95: there might exist workarounds suitable for your computers. Please feel free to open a new thread about cooling issues in our Computer Tech sub-forum, if it becomes a problem (especially with summers being hot).

Level 12
@Abishkar @nedio95: there might exist workarounds suitable for your computers. Please feel free to open a new thread about cooling issues in our Computer Tech sub-forum, if it becomes a problem (especially with summers being hot).
No, unfortunately, though, it is definitely better off in the winter :) I am talking a laptop here though, so, as I am aware it is quite hard to make any upgrades to those.
Btw, the cooling system is a metal rod spanning from the CPU which is on the far right, near the CD port all the way to the fan on the far left. Also, it is sucking air from the bottom... One does not have to be a genius to figure out that something wrong is going on with that design...
I've tried a venting pad but that helps only if I am not running anything heavier than War3.

Anyway, @Postimmortal How are your adventures with war3 going on? Any luck ?

regards
-Ned

pyf

pyf

Level 32
No, unfortunately, though, it is definitely better off in the winter :) I am talking a laptop here though, so, as I am aware it is quite hard to make any upgrades to those. [...]
@nedio95: Maybe you have not yet tried all the workarounds available?

Again, you are both encouraged to open a new thread in the Computer Tech sub-forum about that subject.

Level 7
Actually, whenever I run my computer's net connection, it hangs. So I have to turn it off. It's strange that on playing Warcraft 3, it hangs less. When I connect my computer to the internet, it suddenly says "Not Responding" I can still control my mouse cursor though. And one time while playing, a blue screen displayed saying "Your computer has been shut down to prevent damage to the hard disk" but I recently changed my hard disk and Ram which cost me a whopping amount of money.
Do you guys know the reason?
@nedio95 @pyf @Dr Super Good

Status
Not open for further replies.