• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New MULTIPLAYER Zerg Unit! | Finished Outlines!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
We have recently opened a new forum within the Warcraft III Hosted Projects category entitled "Finished Outlines". It houses clinched enterprises hosted by our website, both recent accomplishments, such as "Diablo III Warcraft", and more ancient souvenirs like Darky's "Nature's Call" modding ventures; of which The Spiderqueen and Return of the Dragons.
I'd appreciate knowing if it displaying okay to everyone. To create a forum listing like that, I had to use multiple table cells since apparently vertical-align:middle; does not work for all browsers or it is not its intended purpose. Margins also don't work with negative values so I had to make a floating <div>. But I'm not sure if these things work on all browsers. I'm using one as old as Firefox 3 and it's displaying okay to me. The regular vBulletin forum listing cannot be removed for single forums by Admin CP means, so, sorry about that.I just recently fixed forum permissions for guests. You are welcome to post your thoughts!
attachment.php

This come a little late, but, three days ago, Blizzard announced in their StarCraft II blog that every Tuesday they'll be posting a new wallpaper. Check it out below, and go to the main article for a set of resolutions (click the small picture); pick the one that bests suits your monitor!
wall004-1600x1200.jpg

I haven't been posting news regarding to them, but keep an eye on Blizzard's blog for exciting StarCraft II high-level play. Today they are casting another day of IPL 3: Origins. I believe this is the live stream, they are casting at the moment I'm writing this (TSL.Alive just defeated Hapryo, and now Lucky's fighting Boxer).If you're lagging while viewing the video, try lowering quality (on the bottom left).

O8TPFQ92C4ED1316816794095.jpg
Season 3 is coming to an end. The question on everyone's mind right now is: so soon? Yes, indeed, it appears Blizzard will be making seasons last 2 months, from 4. Meanwhile, Blizzard has been asking for your opinion on how patch 1.4 changes have influenced your play. The latest "StarCraft Art of War" batch requests feedback on the Warp Prism.But I'd like to take this chance to express my disappointment for the fact that if you are from Europe, you cannot comment on this article. Yes, you can only comment if you're in North America. I'm displeased that this complete region separation history has carried over to the forums as well, as the North Americans make quite good threads, and let's face it, no region has such a complete list of articles; most of the news you see on North America don't even exist in other languages.

P.S. — If you haven't noticed, we have organized the Favorite Race fields by alphabetical order and there's now a new field for you to type your StarCraft II account and ID in your profile!

P.P.S — Realizing his decreased activity, Pyritie has decided to resign from the staff. He started working for the Hive as a model mini-moderator, and he eventually became a model moderator. He was later made global moderator and worked his way up to become an administrator. But he will still be visiting us!

314869_10150414630507457_178337772456_10501457_581742292_n-590x421.jpg
P.P.P.S. — Silhouettes. This is a new multiplayer Terran unit for Heart of the Swarm in Blizzard's Facebook page. What is it?! From IGN:
Feedback to the new unit is varied. “Dunno what it is, but it’s definitely OP” says one Facebook user. “Probably a mobile washing-machine” says another. Rich ‘Did I mention I’m in Platinum League’ McCormick says “It looks like a mechanised E.T.” We’ve contacted some Starcraft pros for more insightful feedback.

Thank Wazzz for the catch.

320857_10150421759727457_178337772456_10545582_1426011957_n.jpg
{EDIT, 10-Oct-2011, 17:45 GMT} Blizzard has just revealed a new Zerg multiplayer unit for StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm, this happened less than 50 minutes ago! On Facebook, lots of people are saying it's the Zerg Lurker from StarCraft 1: Brood War, but there are other suggestions, such as: «siege tank roach». What are your thoughts?

By the way, keep a look out for this news article.

Last edited:
Level 11
Don't care about SC2, but I am surprised that Py is stepping down. To me he seams addicted to being a mod.

Also, forum icon does not display. I am on Firefox 3.6.23.

Last edited:
Level 22
I wondered if this silhouette was already posted here then I realized I commented it on GGnet and sc2mapster already. SC2 news travel slowly here - thanks goodness for ponies to still keep me around, now without prony admin idk what we gonna do.

Oh yeah and I don't care about wc3 anymore.

Level 19
Nice updates, love the one about the Starcraft II new unit though, and the Warcraft III one would greatly help in the later stages of modding projects.

But it's still sad to see Pyritie stepping down...

Rui

Rui

Level 41
320857_10150421759727457_178337772456_10545582_1426011957_n.jpg
{EDIT, 10-Oct-2011, 17:45 GMT} Blizzard has just revealed a new Zerg multiplayer unit for StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm, this happened less than 50 minutes ago! On Facebook, lots of people are saying it's the Zerg Lurker from StarCraft 1: Brood War, but there are other suggestions, such as: «siege tank roach». What are your thoughts?

By the way, keep a look out for this news article.
^^ Was posted less than 50 minutes ago. Can't be faster than that, Imtor.^^

Level 7
i think it is definetely an upgraded roach. perhaps a hybrid of lurker/roach into something else? i doubt they will revive the lurker as it originally was, but the concept in and of itself is similar to roaches when fully upgraded.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Notice the curvature of the zerg unit's surfaces. It is highly likly that this will eithor be an extreemly good damage absorber for its cost, or it will have some ability to morph into a ball.

The terran is likly an infantry unit. Maybe a scientist (like with abilities such as irridate).

Level 22
Don't worry Rui, you are doing a nice job for a THW that hasn't much to do with SC2 or anything different from War3 mapmaking for that matter. Didn't really push you to 'work harder', yes good job with the timing.

Definitely not Lurker. As some suggested hydra-roach smth, to me it is a hydralisk-roach merge, maybe the two units can unite like protoss does with two templars, just here 1 hydra 1 roach and you get this whatever missile it has. Requires research besides the buildings for hydra and roach. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wanted to see the Predator as the first melee unit Terran to ever have, could be late tier and without the Shockwave that 2 predators kill 20 zerglings.

Level 11
Tarran,I have no idea. That thing on the back looks like a camera or laser from prism tank from RA3. As for zerg, a tanker unit, or an artillery unit.

Level 7
It kind of reminds me of the unit I created. It also looks like that Zerg Tyrant model: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D88LOd_pWt8

But in all seriousness, it looks like it might be a heavy hitter (something that does vs Armored damage other than the Ultralisk) which would be nice especially if it attacks Air too.

It also could be like some sort of stealth burrow striker something similar to the Lurker but not really. Maybe, some sort of transform into a ball thing like Dr Super Good mentioned.

I'm honestly lost at the Terran one though, it could be many things, and most I'm not sure about...Nonetheless, interesting. Can't wait to see the Protoss preview!

Level 19
OMG nice to see that my favorite race is finally getting some booster:)

By the way Ember, what programs do you use to create models, sounds, textures and animations for those units for The Galaxy Editor?

Level 19
That's good to hear, and the fact that Blizzard just added a new unit could mean that they might add more in the future, even if it's slowly...
So yep, it's good to see a larger variety:)

Level 18
That's good to hear, and the fact that Blizzard just added a new unit could mean that they might add more in the future, even if it's slowly...
So yep, it's good to see a larger variety:)

Both upcoming parts of Starcraft II will most likely come with their own new set of additional units. What I've missed though is what would happen if a player would only get Heart of the Swarm or the third part in the set.

Level 22
^ Merry Christmas to early 2012 maybe January-February, no official date just rumor from past Blizz information and my own speculation

When is Heart of the Swarm coming out?

It’s too early to talk about a specific release date at this point in time. As with all Blizzard games, our ultimate goal is to provide the best possible experience for our players, and we will take as much time as is needed to ensure that Heart of the Swarm meets the expectations of our players, as well as our own high standards.

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/game/heart-of-the-swarm-preview/faq#q6

Both upcoming parts of Starcraft II will most likely come with their own new set of additional units. What I've missed though is what would happen if a player would only get Heart of the Swarm or the third part in the set.

Will Heart of the Swarm require ownership of Wings of Liberty?

For the regions that have a standard box business model such as North America and Europe, yes, Wings of Liberty will be required in order to play Heart of the Swarm. For other regions that have alternative access models, we’ll provide details at a later date.

Like War3 TFT required War3 RoC.

Last edited:
Level 7
By the way Ember, what programs do you use to create models, sounds, textures and animations for those units for The Galaxy Editor?

The models are a result of Site Operations being used in the Data Editor. Sounds are taken from Starcraft 1. Textures? None. Unless you meant the Dark Protoss textures, then it's the result of an upgrade or Events +. Animations use Event + in the Data Editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.