• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Mountains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Well, I got a rock model, and was using it around a goldmine, and I wondered what it would look like if I replace all mountain tiles with this doodad...
Now this is for my altered melee map, I may not stick with this, I just want everyones opinion. I know on some spots trees are in the rock and you can see it, thats easily fixable, ignore that.

Should I keep this? Or go with the normal mountain tiles, and use the rocks for specific purposes?

This is what I was originally using it for

I apologise if the image itself isn't the best quality, had to lower it so the filesize was small :p

Level 12
I've tried to do that but they don't seem to turn out that great, I wish they had more detail and were a tad darker in general. They do seem to blend in some with the village rock

Level 12
Its my altered melee map

however I'm sad now, the map got corrupted somehow (Used it on newgen, just installed AVG, I think it killed it :/) So it kept critcal erroring on me xD the map when played

So I had to go back some. I gotta re-import the rocks :(

Level 12
Can't :( the latest with the new mountains got corrupted for some reason, so I had to go back some, before I got the model.

Status
Not open for further replies.