• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

New maps do not show on the Custom Games list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Well i wasnt sure where to post this. there really isnt a "general wc3" forums. but i have a problem that may involve the world editor. You know when you enter the "welcome" screen for the frozen throne. Then you can pick single player. Then custom games. Well in my custom games list (all the games i have dl and created) not all of my maps are in there. Especialy the ones i made. So in order to test my maps i need to access my map in the custom games list. Note: i changed my profile and that is what caused the maps to "dissapear" so how can i add maps to the custom maps list?

Level 17
When you click on custom games -ALL- of the .w3m and .w3x files in the YourPathToWarcraftIII/Maps/ should appear there. Custom campaigns won't show here, you can acces them under the Custom Campaigns menu point.

If your maps are all in the YourPathToWarcraftIII/Maps/ directory and you still can't see them.. well.. no idea what's the problem. A WC3 reinstall would most probably solve it.

Level 6
Alright off topic now but how do i unistall? lol ive never needed to do it.

Last edited:
Level 24
. . .

Put the warcraft disc in the drive.
When the auto-run starts up
Click Uninstall

Or

Go to drive C: program files (or where ever your war3 is) and click on autorun. Repeat earlier pocess.

Rep?

(lol) (ya right) (god that was hopless) (moihahahhahahah) (MOIHHAHAHAHAHHA) (urfff)

Level 24
Ok,here is a small tutorial on how to fully play your maps:

First of all ,you problem seems to be from the maps saving path,as Dest said,the directory must be the Maps folder.

Just watch this and you will figure it out easily:

Step 1

Just enter in My Computer or wherever you keep your games,enter the warcraft folder.
View attachment 29348

Step 2

As you are in the folder,the sub-folders appear,ScreenShot,Campaigns.etc
Your goal is to enter the Maps folder.
View attachment 29350

Step 3

There you have all your Warcraft maps,nothing new to see,but the Custom Games list is available only within the Maps folder,so if you want for all your maps to be added in the Game List, they must be saved there.
View attachment 29349

Now you are e bit enlightened with this.

Step 4

But lets make it worth a while,we enter in the World Editor,and we start making our maps,here I will just set some Peons and save it.
View attachment 29352View attachment 29353
View attachment 29351View attachment 29354

Those Peons represent your custom data ,your terrain ,things like these.
You just save the map,and make sure that your Directory is within the Maps folder.I'll name the map Tribal,and lets see if it works.

View attachment 29355

Well, it works easily and no errors whatsoever

So it just turns out that you have a pathing problem,I would say that I Solved your Problem.

Last edited:
Level 6
all my maps were orginally in my 'maps' folder. but nothing is there... i dont get it.
All that shows are ROC and TFT melee maps, ROC and TFT scenario maps, and like 100 random downloaded maps. no maps that i made. and the downloaded maps that do show are completely random. I have no folder that has those maps in the same place.

Level 6
...Well the reinstall didnt help any. Now i cant even play b.net. And all the maps i "own" (created, downloaded, melee, and scenario) are, and have always been in my "maps" folder. I dont mean to sound mad or anything, im just a little fruterated over this.

Level 6
i have 2 questions tho. Does it matter where i put my maps in the maps folder? and does my single player account effect the custom games at all? cause like 5 minuts ago, i changed my profile and i had all my maps. but when i exited TFT they were all gone again. oh and i know this is off topic but why doesnt b.net work? i got the newest patch but it just gets stuck at the "initializing battle.net" screen. Any help?

Level 24
SP account has only an effect on campaign progress and saved games.

About the Maps folder,it is the only folder that maps can be played in the custom games window,it can support sub-folders and has an automatic ''Download'' folder generation trigger,when you download a map from Bnet.Thats about it,if you dont have maps there,you cant add them to the Custom Games window.

Level 6
MUWAHAHAHAHA! Found them! All my current downloaded maps were being placed in a seperate folder (not sure why...) All I gotta do is put my created maps in the folder. Sneaky little maps. Well thanks to everyone for all your suggestions and time. Lol, really, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.