• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

New Lord of the Ring Builder: Triggering Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I am making a new Lotr Builder map and I'm pretty far into it. The terrain, more than half of the races, and all the other essential details are completed. I have done all of the triggering as well, but I am quite a noob at it.

I am in need of someone who can help remove memory leaks and optimize my triggering. My goal is to make this the best possible map it can be but i simply can't do the triggers as well as they could be.

I have put much focus on making my game balanced, detailed, and aesthetically appealing, with unique functions in every base and specialized units for every race.

Screen Shots:
232885-albums8015-picture96815.png

232885-albums8015-picture95429.png

Help would be very very much appreciated! :)

Please, take a look at the map and tell me what you think!

The map is on this link
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/players-being-disconnected-filesize-too-large-264591/

Last edited:
Level 10
Thanks for the advice and I agree with what you're saying. I just need someone to take a look at my map and show me a few example or area as to where my triggers are leaking. That would really help me a lot. I have looked at several tutorials and I am doing it myself, but a little guidance would be helpful.

Level 23
Thanks for the advice and I agree with what you're saying. I just need someone to take a look at my map and show me a few example or area as to where my triggers are leaking. That would really help me a lot. I have looked at several tutorials and I am doing it myself, but a little guidance would be helpful.

Ok. I will take a look at your map later if that's ok?

Level 23
Here are the things that I fixed.
- From this, I think you can manage to learn preventing the following leaks:
>> player group, location, unit group
- Also, use Start the Effect of an Ability instead of Begins casting an ability because in Begins casting an ability, the spell is still not in cooldown and the player can stop the unit from casting but the effect will still continue.

So far, you know how to clean unit and special effect leaks by adding an expiration timer and using the DestroyLastCreatedEffect.

Changes:

VARIABLES
Added: tempPlayerGroup, tempUnitGroup, tempPoint

TRIGGERS
Initialization
- Defeat Good vs Evil: Fixed Player Group and Unit Group Leaks.
- Defeat Free Play: Fixed Player Group and Unit Group Leaks
Destructables
- Moria Support Beam 1: Fixed few location leaks. You do the rest.
Units
- Suicide: Changed Event to Start Effect of Ability and Used Triggering Unit instead of Casting Unit. Also changed to Kill Unit instead of Remove Unit.
Commands
- Bases: Fixed few location leaks and Player Group Leak. You do the rest.

It's best if you compare the attached map below with your current one so you will know what changes I've made. Good luck on your map ol'chap.

Attachments

• Lotr Builder Beta v0.97.w3x
    7.1 MB · Views: 44
Status
Not open for further replies.