• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] New Lord of the Ring Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Lord of the Rings Builder v0.85

I am creating an entirely new Lotr Builder map with the main goal being quality.

The game itself is inspired very much by the other Lotr Builder versions. I felt that they had entertaining gameplay, but I also felt they were lacking in quality.

I am focusing on making interesting and unique terrain, races, units, and abilities. I am making sure that all of these aspects are polished in the areas of grammar, button positions and hotkeys, custom icons and models, and functionality.

Map Picture:
232885-albums8015-picture95374.png

Minas Tirith:
232885-albums8015-picture95377.png

Osgiliath:
232885-albums8015-picture95378.png

Defending Helms Deep:
232885-albums8015-picture95430.png

Mamukil Charge:
232885-albums8015-picture95429.png

Attacking Bel Falas:
232885-albums8015-picture95431.png

Features:

-4 races:

Elves: Expensive, high stats, slow train time. Range specific upgrades. Elite unit is Ent of Fangorn who becomes progressively more powerful when attacked. Ultimate siege unit is Trebuchet which has higher hp and can be packed and unpacked. Hero is Legolas.

Haradrim: Cheap, low stats, rapid train time. Pillage is specific upgrade. Elite unit is Mamukil with the ability "Rampage", in which you target a unit and the Mamukil tramples in a line towards the target killing every non-elite, non-structure, non-hero unit in its path (Including your own). Ultimate siege unit is Devestator with the ability to shoot multiple projectiles at once in a spread out area. Hero is Suladan.

Gondor: Medium cost, medium stats except high defense, medium train time. Hero specific upgrade. Elite unit is Swan Knight which gains defense when it kills and with the ability "Glorious Charge", which causes the Swan Knight to knockback and damage enemy units within a small range for a duration. Ultimate siege unit also Trebuchet. Hero is Boromir.

Isengard: Medium cost, medium stats but high speed, medium train time. Movement and attack speed specific upgrade. Elite unit is Berserker which gains attack damage when it kills and with the abilities "Bladestorm", "Critical Strike", and "Cannibalize". Ultimate siege unit is Infernal Contraption with the ability "Burning Oil". Hero is Saruman.

-Income System

Income Options:1.) Low Income: 2500 Gold/Minute 2.) Medium Income: 3000 Gold/Minute 3.) High (Spam) Income: 3500 Gold/Minute

Gold: Is generated in the same manner. Build farms or racial equivalent. Gold is not as inflated as in old versions.

Lumber (War Supplies): War Supplies can be obtained in 2 ways. 1.) Kill enemy units. Most units are worth 1 War Supply, but some, like Elite Units, are worth more. 2.) If you have an ally you can use Trade Caravans, which are trained at your fortress, to patrol between your fortress and your allies. Each time a Caravan returns it generates 1 War Supply.

-Unit Counters

Archers: Strong vs. Infantry.
Infantry: Strong vs. Cavalry.
Cavalry: Strong vs Archers.
Elite Units: Strong vs. All Units.
Heros: Strong vs. Elite Units, Regular vs. Normal Units.

Base Capturing

Claiming a Base: To claim a base you first you have to find one. Type -bases and their locations will ping on the minimap.

To claim the base, simply build your fortress in it. Then, no other players can build their fortresses in your base, unless your fortress is destroyed.

Objective: Be the Last one standing, destroy all enemies with or without an ally.

Things I Need to Work on:

Triggering: My triggering is mediocre at best. It works for the most part and I have tried to control leaks and other issues. I just learned how to use hashtables, which ar very helpful, but any help pointing out better ways to trigger a certain function would be VERY much appreciated.

Races: There are 4 more races to add: Rohan, Goblins, Mordor, and Dwarves.

Balancing: Im sure there needs to be some balancing revisions to make with my races, any suggestions would be great.

Just Added:

-Commander Hero which allows you to move all of your military units at once to a targeted point, sets rally points of all military structures to a targeted point, orders all basic military structures to train either cavalry, archers, or infantry.

-Fixed fatal error

-Further balanced races. Haradrim were previously underpowered.

-Added more detail to the terraining in some cities.

-Attacking instead of defending i now rewarding as buildings give war supplies.

-Catapults no longer cost war supplies, but cost slightly more gold. This reduces the resource penalty to attackers as war resources are essential for upgrades and elite units.

My map might be done in a month at this rate. Its a multiplayer map and its uploaded to ENTGAMING.net, the game name is Lotr Builder Beta. Test it out and tell me what you think. Thanks!!!

My Battlenet name is Gumberbunbder and I usually use East server.

Attachments

• Lotr Builder Beta v1.1 Test.w3x
    7 MB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.