• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Legion TD Map Triggerer Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Map Info:
If you havn't played Legion TD, I'll try and explain a bit how it works, and how this map will work.

Goal
The goal is to protect your King from spawning creep waves. The team who loses their King first, loses the game.

Buildings
Unlike a normal TD map, your "towers" becomes fighting units every round that creep waves spawn. Your units can be upgraded once and some have special abilities.

You also have a town hall and a peasant which gathers lumber. You can buy more peasants and upgrade the amount of lumber they can carry. They can also build farms to allow more training of peasants or "towers"/units.

Resources
Resources used in Legion TD is Gold and Lumber. As stated before, lumber is gained through peasants harvesting. Gold is gained through killing spawning creep waves but also after each completed creep level you get gold based on your Income.

Income
Income is gained through buying forces with lumber. These certain forces are attacking your enemies together with the creep waves spawning. You can also upgrade your King with lumber which also increases your income, but not by as much.

---

So those were the basics of the normal Legion TD map. Here comes the extra features I will provide in my map.

Bonus Features
- Your builder is a Hero which can level up and learn abilities to bolster your
forces. But not only that they have 3 unique stats!
- The Hero stats are Income, Devotion and Magic. When a Hero levels up he gets one skill point to put in whichever stat he wants and also 1 point in its primary stat (which differs between Heroes).
Each point your Hero has in Income increases your gold income by 10%.
Each point you have in Devotion increases the amount of Devotion Points earned every income by 1.
Each point you have in Magic increases your mana capacity and mana regeneration.
- Devotion Points is a third resource in this map. It is used to upgrade your Heroes skills. Each Hero skill can reach a maximum of 20.
- Starting with 6 new races featuring the Magnataurs, Voidbringers, Centaurs, Ancients, Satyrs and Dragons. Each race holding different tactics and abilities.
- Play a 3v3 game or try and teamwork through 30 challenging waves. There is also a Solo play available to learn playing new races or learning the game mechanics, can you beat the waves all by yourself?

More to come..

---

For this project I am in need of a triggerer who is familiar with how Legion TD works and knows the triggering on how to turn the buildings to units and back to buildings after each wave completion.

You will get credited as main triggerer as this is the most advanced triggering this map will hold, I can most likely do the rest myself.

---

Sorry for no colour or size changes, hope its not to bad to read, had to put it up real quick. Please respond on this thread or PM me for more info or interest in joining the development. Also if you have ideas to add in or somethign which doesnt sound good you can also say so :) thanks for taking your time reading this. Hope you all ahve a good day

Level 7
I was once working on an version of a new legion td type map. I dropped the project after i learned quite a bit more and decided to delve more into a rpgish type map now cause i pretty much realized i kept wanting to add more and more features and the only map that is suitable for is an rpg.

Anyway, as far as I know legion td probably just uses 2 sets of units; one for when the level begins and one for buildings. When levels come along it hides the buildings and places the real units at their locations with triggers and then orders those units to attack. Then unhides the units( that were hidden before the level started) at the end of the level.

In my opinion that is kind of a waste though; you can re-use the same units if you simply just use the root ability that you give them the time of the level starting and they instantly are ordered to cast it to enable their movement.(and ofc remove the ability afterwards) All abilities would have to be added after-wards since root has a weird thing about this; and you'd have to make sure the units positions are recorded before the start of the level so if they die or whatever they resurrect in the same spots and are set back to full health. The only issue with this is you'd have to figure a way around the problem with corpses being used for summons etc.

Its really up to you how you want to trigger it; or how you want the guy you get to trigger it. You could also ask in the Triggers/Script section or Request section since your not exactly asking for a real committed map partner.

And anyways good luck with this project ;D.

Level 11
Thanks for all the feedback :) i am still a bit unsure on how to execute this but the root idea was not bad at all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.