• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Well considering how far he needs to take it, it is not really that big of a splurge. Plus it actually cost him 1300 to buy the thing to begin with, so I am fine with spendign a lot less.

I grew up with macs, went to PCs, and am now returning. Their processing data rates are far beyond anything a PC is even close to duplicating. On top of their phenominal CPO ratings their graphic engines and sound systems are like AK-47s to PCs little slingshots.

Level 21
macs were made to be design computers, they have better music software, better photo software and better modeling software. however when it comes to games its more hassle than its worth i think. and seeing as games is all i play then windows is where its at for me. also all the people bitching about windows being shit, yeh ok NT and ME sucked ass but xp is showing some real class and vista, which is like xp advanced, will surely improve on an already firm base. and since the followers of mac "unhackble" system have been proved wrong i think windows is now i good, firm, and stable system; it may have taken 15 years, a few peoples sanity and a hell load of hackers to get there, but at least we are here eh?

as for macs unhackability, well i think that now more people are actually taking intrest in macs (helped by the ipod boom) i think more hackers are trying there hand to the mac system. this is obvious causing a problem for macs because there have been numerous viruses that have been circling especially for them. so do consider what you're doing when you buy a mac because its "safe". the only safe system now is linux because very few people are intrested in it.

Level 12
One can easily dual load windows onto a mac, that is what I have done. Windows runs better on a mac than on a PC due to better hardware abilities and software compatability. When I play PC games there is no lag or anything, it runs faster than on the good computer I had bought that was running windows 2004.

Oh yeah, I should be able to rejoin you guys in two months or so :)

Level 12
It is complicated. Just know that I should be able to get my computer on the internet in two, three months max.

Level 12
Well yes, that is a given. I will try to do some map editing for Rasmus, maybe finish off some of our projects we were working on before I became too busy.

Level 12
Well that is one of them, I still need to make the new heroes and spells and such. BTW, any suggestions are welcome and if you have any of my old documents on it I would greatly appreciate them. Please send them to my hotmail account, and if you do not have it but somehow have my documents on them then I would dearly love to know how. Input is welcome but bear in mind that I am mostly just tunring standard units into rough hero equivalents.

Level 12
Superior hardware, better interface, greater control over the system, and greater networking support makes it bad how?

Level 12
You are the only one who has ever mentioned anything at all in here about 'unhackability'. And I concur, it is just that macs have less of a chance of being hacked as there are a lot less macs in the world as compared to PCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.