• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Christian Texts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
They go through a LOT of trouble to authenticate the text. . .which is obviously quite real, and definately written by someone real and not faked. . .THAT much I believe. . . However,

National Geographic said the author believed that Judas Iscariot alone understood the true significance of Jesus' teachings. The author of the text is not named in the writings.

We have no clue who wrote this. . .there are many other "gospels" out there, including a more famous one by the name of "The Gospel of Tomas" or something like that. Anyways I may not be a Bible scholar, but it's common knowledge that "The Gospel of Tomas was not written by Tomas, the disciple, but rather someone else.

Like I said, I may not know much about the Bible, but I can assure you that these are NOT "Christian" writings. . .

Level 12
To piggyback on what you said, technically none of the gospels accepted are\were written by their Apostale. Everyone of them (except for the Book of Enoch which is currently also claimed as heresy) was written by another author at least two centuries after the Apostale died.

Dan: According to the limited information we have learned Judas was special because he understood the inner meaning of Jesus of Nazareth's teachings better and more fully than any other (then) living person. Think of it like the teacher's "pet" for a good comparision.

Level 10
To piggyback on what you said, technically none of the gospels accepted are\were written by their Apostale. Everyone of them (except for the Book of Enoch which is currently also claimed as heresy) was written by another author at least two centuries after the Apostale died.

There's actually a LOT (emphasis) of debate on that topic. . .however we do know that the Gospel of Luke was written by Luke, the doctor, (He was not an apostle, rather a friend of the missionary, Paul,[or Saul] of Tarsus). . .

just FYI. . .(for your information)

Level 12
Assult_Sabre said:
i stil question that, religion and "religious" findings that don't prove evolution :?

I am confused by your statement, could you please clarify?

PS: Welcome to the Hive.

Level 12
Actually that is a misconception, not once does the bible say that. All that the greek bible stated was that Yaweh created all living things, it did not once say "all things as you see them and their forms are eternal and unchanging" or any such non-sense. There are many problems with both creation as well as pure evolution, niether extreme can be correct.

Have you ever read Darwin's book? It says in the Origins of Species that "should there be one organism which cannot be broken down into more basic life forms this theory would be proven wrong." and I tell you my friend there are many such organisms in existance.

Am I saying that evolution is completely wrong and that God made everything? Hell no, first of all I do not even believe in the Christian God, or any monotheistic entity. Nor am I espousing my own religious beliefs, but I am saying that it is complicated and more detailed than most people give it credit for.

I like to think of it like globalization; the less a person knows about it the stronger their beliefs in it are and the more extreme they tend to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.