• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
GST_Nemisis";p="656 said:
penguins are cool, also theres a good song called penguins and polar bears by millencolin

But I don't think, that is the main reason of Malufa.

The penguin is the only bird which cannot fly ;) (just a finding)

Or is it a allute to Yeti-Sports :p

Maybe it is a "Emperor's penguin" (Aptenodytes forsteri) the biggest of his species :D

Level 14
Also the Emu cannot fly. There are many birds that cannot fly, and penguins were once able to fly actually. Only 5 million years ago when they had a 15 metre wingspan (damn that is huge) they were able to take flight.

Interesting side-note: the Pitohui bird is the first known poisonous bird in the world, whose venom is the same as the South American tree frog.

As for why do I like penguins? I think I have covered this elsewhere, but Ishall write it here as well.

Penguins and I share a lot of similarities, the ones that most easily come to mind are:

We are loyal unto death if someone earns our respect
We are violent to get the attention of a mate if needed
We love the cold weather
Great swimmers
Always dressed nicely
Main diet consists of fish and other seafood
Meglomaniacs
Sneaky and underhanded
Too "cute and innocent" to ever be suspected...
Athletic and gracefull
Wish to fly with wings
Squak if angry
Babble at random times
Care for the young of our respective species
At home in the wilderness
Spend the bulk of the daytime under the sun
Social animals
Enforce laws and regulations
Daily danger
Indecisive
Niether posses a good memory

And some others that I do not immediatly remember (see the last reason)

Level 6
hahaha :) no bad choice, Malufa. But graceful...hmm... did you ever see, when a penguin "walks". It looks funny and not very graceful ;) But if the penguin stands, he is graceful of course.

Level 21
LOL penguins! i got to admit, stylish, like being at a constant ball room dance, with tuxsedoes n that. crabs!?!?! hmm thats an interesting one........

ne ways make sure u all buy david attenburoughs "the blue planet" to learn lots about penguins and stuff!

Level 6
I'm not a biologist who is specialized in penguins ;) Ergo: that book isn't really interesing for me :) If I want to get knowledge about penguins, I prefer to look a report on TV

Mastif

M

Mastif

Talking about being a biologist, i have to write a 16 pages biology report for the day after tomorrow :wink: Better get started, cya

Level 6
schinxz";p="704 said:
Talking about being a biologist, i have to write a 16 pages biology report for the day after tomorrow :wink: Better get started, cya

Yeah, I know what you mean ;) Had to do such a report too but about another topic in religious education. It was the easiest subject...

Level 14
GST_Nemisis";p="693 said:
LOL penguins! i got to admit, stylish, like being at a constant ball room dance, with tuxsedoes n that. crabs!?!?! hmm thats an interesting one........

ne ways make sure u all buy david attenburoughs "the blue planet" to learn lots about penguins and stuff!

I think I own it, I will look later and see.

Level 2
Im afraid I have to agree with the crab for that one. They are just TOO cool!!! taste good . . . fun to catch . . . got those awesome pincers . . . :lol:
Besides, I'd love to see the biggest penguin in the world try to eat a Japanese deepsea spider-crab! those things have legs up to 3 feet long, not to mention the claws ...

ps. What do you think of MY new avatar?!

Level 6
Yeah, your Avatar looks good ;) Where can I see the picture in a better resolution, cause the avatar is too small to see the niceties which could be very interesting :)

Level 6
Malufa";p="813 said:
Nice to see you actually posting and taking an interest in the clan again, I hope you come out of your "Single Player mode only" phase soon and can play with us again.

Hope you didn't talk to me...

Level 21
boooya! back in the game its what its all about! come on man! whats the scoop milk shakes! ne ways i would say the penguin is the better creature coz craabs are boring. i think if it was a wow factor competition the penguin would win. however if it were a battle the the death well the crabs got thoose huge claws and the penguins got...flippers? so i think the peguin would be the loser there. as for the avatar, well penguins dont have apposale thumbs so the couldnt even grip a sword! also even if the could coz they dont use wings ne more they wouldnt have the upper body strength to lift it... it looks cool tho!

Level 14
dude, learn to spell, seriously. It took me at least 10 min to decipher what you were trying to say with that gibberish. Look at my typing, I appear to be more native english speaker than you and this is the third language I learned. You have known it for all of your life, so please take some care with it. Run a spell check or something afterwards, it would help me out a lot.

Penguins (most at least) have extremly jaw and beak bones\muscles, the crab shell is like paper to them ;)

Level 21
its not really the spelling thats the problem, its how i phaze it and the words i use, ie u might not know what booya means coz it regional dielect. im so use to talking with that i use it alot even when on forums like this. sorry about that i will try but just so u know its not my spelling as much as how i talk :p

Level 14
GST_Nemisis";p="847 said:
its (it's) not really the spelling thats (that's) the problem, its how i phaze (phrase) it and the words i use, ie (Ex gracia) u (you) might not know what booya means coz (cuz[because]) it (it's a) regional dielect. im (I'm) so use (used) to talking with that (it) i (I) use it alot (a lot) even when (while) on forums like this. sorry (Sorry) about that (,) i (I) will try but just so u (you) know its (it's) not my spelling as much as how i (I) talk :p

Actually it is both as I just proved. One thing I learned at a very young age is to not every write the same way you talk, my mother would "freak out" if she saw your writing. Hell, I freak out and I am not even an english major.

Level 21
hmm, well not that ne one in england actually cares, gramma isnt a big deal u know, dunno y but i dont think many people give a shit. and so i spelt one word wrong so what, and the gramma doesnt have to be perfect, ur just being picky! expand ur horizons and dont worry about spelling and that! plus if u think mines bad u should see some of my mate, they spell like they talk exactly, where as i at least pretty it up! im sure u can get over the small gramma errors (admit it, there not that bad!)

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I hate when people correct me... Cause my brother is like a Genious.. He loves to correct people.. He is very interested in the danish language and is good at all that crappy grammer... I think that as long as people understand eachother, makes grammer useless....
PS. By brother was no 6 or something in the danish maths OL...

Level 14
Well dan the reason is, as I have said before, most of us are NOT native speakers and a lot of what you say comes across as gibberish and sounds very child like. Thus until you start to type properly I will ignore everything you say due to not wanting to spend 15 min on each post to figure out what the hell you mean.

Level 21
well as i have said before i will try but its hard breaking old habbits. one thing however i wont improve my gramma because im not in school and im actually surprised u care! seriously! i was like, hmmm ok?! because normally people can read stuff even if the gramma is wrong. in fact

cambrdige uinveserty fuond taht popele can raed a setnecne and as lgon as the frist and lsat letetrs are in the rgiht palces, beaucse the mnid olny raeds the wrod itslef inseatd of the invidugaul letetrs!!

tell me if u could read that.

Level 6
No, it doesn't work... maybe your Avatar has been erased or something like that ;)

When I click on the link it doesn't work. But when I copy the link I see your avatar (not bad)... strange...

Status
Not open for further replies.