• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Assassin's Creed movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Just sharing the news to those who are fans of Assassin's creed like me.A new trailer has dropped for the movie which will be released in December.

I personally like the trailer,exccept for that horrible Kanye West song

Roland

R

Roland

Michael Fassbender? Why? Should be Jason Statham as the start.. Nyah... But he's good tho - Can't wait to watch this epic movie.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Michael Fassbender? Why? Should be Jason Statham as the start.. Nyah... But he's good tho - Can't wait to watch this epic movie.

From what I have seen of his cinematographic performances (300, X: First Class, A Dangerous Method, Shame, Prometheus), I believe Michael Fassbender is one of the greatest actors around, currently.

Regarding the Assassin's Creed motion picture, he is also credited as one of the movie's producers.

I got a keen interest. But I don't got high hopes for it, game movies rarely make the cut.

... but when they do, they are great.

Please (re)watch Assassin's Creed: Lineage (2009) as an example, imho :

More info about Assassin's Creed: Lineage in English or in French

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

The trailer looks alright, but the story seems like a generic Assassin's Creed story if we take the their latest titles into consideration (a random guy with a random ancestor). I guess it's a pleasant surprise they didn't reuse some of the old stories, but came up with a new one. I have a feeling that the movie will be mediocre, which is the same concern I have for Warcraft movie.

Level 15
Watched the Warcraft movie and personally, I actually enjoyed it. I was never the biggest fan of AC series and I'm one of those few people who rather watch someone play through the entire story sequence than actually playing it. Played only AC 1 and AC 2 and realizes they were milking the franchise and pretty much burned out of the thought of going through the entire franchise, enjoyed some of the combat but it was too easy and exploration gets too repetitive imo.

I dunno about this movie but I do hope this one to be good because I think it's a win for the video game community...

Status
Not open for further replies.