• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Alliance Race is Eredar. Actual Proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
??????? According to lore they are sargera's minions?? Why would they join Alliance???

Looks like they are pulling prank :roll:
and i cant view the pictures

Level 8
Behold my proof, i was right! 8) Draenei:

"LOS ANGELES--Electronic Entertainment Expo 2006 is underway, and so is Blizzard Entertainment's presence on the show floor. The studio is showing off The Burning Crusade, the upcoming expansion pack to the wildly popular massively multiplayer online game World of Warcraft. As the studio revealed previously, the expansion will offer two new playable races; the fanatical blood elves for the Horde faction and the recently revealed Draenei faction for the alliance. The Draenei previously appeared in World of Warcraft as the twisted, hunched monsters in the Swamp of Sorrows area, though according to producer Jeff Kaplan, these monsters were corrupted by the demonic horde known as the Burning Legion (the same demonic influence that turned the noble savages known as the orcs into the savage brutes they had become in the earlier Warcraft games). The creatures are descendants of the race known as the Eredar--to which the pivotal character Archimonde belonged before he, too, was corrupted in Warcraft III. The playable Draenei characters are tall, statuesque humanoids, with hooves for feet; tiny horns on their heads; and pale, shimmering skin. Apparently, the new race will be able to join five different character classes: warriors, hunters, paladins, mages, and priests. "

This was found at gamespot.com, if you wish to view the rest yourself.

Level 10
LOL! they messed their own lore up soooo much for this one. As far as I know this Valen guy was never mentioned before, the Draeni lived in the outlands and didnt come back through the portal. Not to mention the whole conflict it would make with the night elves, there is way too many contradictions to list here >.< At least they didnt stick with the name Eredar. They should have just done what they did with the gnomes and add a brand new race with no previous warcraft history. Or made them Protoss. Just for the heck of it.

oh, yeah Deaddog, nice desktop man. The waves are cool :)

-Teld

by the way, great line Ki, great line.

Level 9
Teldrassil said:
They should have just done what they did with the gnomes and add a brand new race with no previous warcraft history.

Err...

WHAT?

lol, seirously?

Did you NEVER play War 2?

Gnomish Flying Machines?

Sweet Jeebus on a Pogostick man...

Level 10
aarkshark said:
Err...

WHAT?

lol, seirously?

Did you NEVER play War 2?

Gnomish Flying Machines?

Sweet Jeebus on a Pogostick man...

ok you got me its an indignity I know. I have never played war2, well, I did once but I didnt even get a barracks up before I lost and was all "wow... yeah war3 is way cooler" and stopped :) but you have to admit there is nothing in their lore related to gnomes, just one or two convenient units. The dwarves built the stuff in war3 o_O

Level 9
Teldrassil said:
I have never played war2, well, I did once but I didnt even get a barracks up before I lost and was all "wow... yeah war3 is way cooler" and stopped :) but you have to admit there is nothing in their lore related to gnomes, just one or two convenient units.

Yeah, I know what you mean, they built 2 things in W2 (the Submarine is the other one). They pretty much came out of the blue.

Teldrassil said:
The dwarves built the stuff in war3 o_O

Yeah, that makes no sense... Heh, dwarves inveting stuff....

Level 10
yeah..... Protoss would make an awesome wow race.....

lol damned wow lore! oh well at least the new draeni look cool. I wouldnt play them though just because they're with the alliance and I hate the alliance.... with a passion.

In a totally unrelated topic I was play Everquest 2 the other day, spent about 5 hours trying to get some cash then on my way back to the bank was pwned by someone 4 levels higher then me when I was at half hp and lost 3/4 of my gold >.<

So yeah. Horde FTW.

-Teld

Level 9
Teldrassil said:
lol damned wow lore! oh well at least the new draeni look cool. I wouldnt play them though just because they're with the alliance and I hate the alliance.... with a passion.

Meh, ill still try Ered.... errr... Draenei. I dont like the AF people, they are to quiet and anti-social.

Teldrassil said:
So yeah. Horde FTW.

/troll

True dat man!

/untroll

Level 12
Recent chat with iGod.

Me: wtf?

God: That wasn't polite.

Me: says The origin of the stupid pally's religion of the light.

God: How?

Me: Stupid Draenei race.

God: I think you meant humans.

Me: Look at blizz's front page. They got us making demons look like an almight race.

God: That's unlikely.

Me: Then explain how blizzard contracts the ideas of a dumb pally with some idiot Muslim doing it for Allah?

God: You're right. Draenei are my Jews. And I just threw a beer party at Blizz HQ.

Me: Damn straight.

Level 2
Drenai History

I seriously don't get this. The Eredar were already a demonic race before Sargeras came, weren't they? Why would anyone from the Eredar refuse such an imense source of power? Wouldn't it have made more sense for the Draenai to split from the Eredar before the whole Sargeras thing, because they didn't approve of dark magic or something? :?

Level 11
The lore has been retconned, Metzen himself has admitted it. He "forgot" about the Eredar's origins. Forget what was once known of the Eredar race, what has been revealed with WoW is now proper canon.

Level 3
That is it! I cant take it anymore. Go to the Blizzard stie and read all of the dreanei origin stuff. I am tired of people making assumptions thinking something is lame when they dont read the half of it. Warcraft Lore isnt screwed up at all. As far as i can see its stronger then ever.
I would go on about the eredar/dreanei thing but I already got in an argument with it over someone else that was, no offence, just plain stupid and didnt know ANYTHING about ANY of the races in Warcraft period. Read the origin, and think through what you've said to those who keep thinkin othrewise.
Anyways i just wanted to have one post on this cuz it is annoying to have rumors turn into "proof" then the truth comes out and it gets confusing for EVERYONE.

Level 12
milcon said:
That is it! I cant take it anymore. Go to the Blizzard stie and read all of the dreanei origin stuff. I am tired of people making assumptions thinking something is lame when they dont read the half of it. Warcraft Lore isnt screwed up at all. As far as i can see its stronger then ever.
I would go on about the eredar/dreanei thing but I already got in an argument with it over someone else that was, no offence, just plain stupid and didnt know ANYTHING about ANY of the races in Warcraft period. Read the origin, and think through what you've said to those who keep thinkin othrewise.
Anyways i just wanted to have one post on this cuz it is annoying to have rumors turn into "proof" then the truth comes out and it gets confusing for EVERYONE.

Because it's your fault for reviving a month old thread. -.-

Level 4
Lord Finarfin said:
Actually it seems the new Alliance race is both Eredar and Draenei. Since Draenei are Eredar.

Wrong. The Eredar are the Warlocks of Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden, servents of Sargares. They were once Dranei but have since transformed into vile and evil creatures due to the dark powers they weald. The new Draenei race are the People under the rule of Velen, the third in the circle of Velen, Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden. Velen's the nice, holy brother so to speak, the good guy. He's Kil'Jaeden's arch enemy. You're playing as one of his people who never weilded dark powers (notice how Warlock isn't one of the classes available to the Draenei?)

Status
Not open for further replies.