• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Neutrals Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, everyone.
Does anybody know how I can make a Neutrals patrol or go to a certain point without coming back to where they first stood?
+rep and thanks to anyone who can find the answer.

Level 7
Order a unit to move to target location?

• Patrol
    • Events
      • Event
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Neutral to Move To Location
If you mean move to target location, then after a short time move back (not just back and forth), you could set a timer.

Level 2
Order a unit to move to target location?

• Patrol
    • Events
      • Event
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Neutral to Move To Location
If you mean move to target location, then after a short time move back (not just back and forth), you could set a timer.

I know that, but I don't wont it to come back. I need it to move back and forth and I also need to know how to make it go to a location, without coming back.
Meaning all I need to know is how to control it via triggers.

Level 7
I know that, but I don't wont it to come back. I need it to move back and forth and I also need to know how to make it go to a location, without coming back.
Meaning all I need to know is how to control it via triggers.

Yes, you order it to move to a point after "event" happens, thats how you make something move with triggers. besides that i don't understand what else you need. What do you mean by "I don't wont it to come back. I need it to move back and forth"? You want it to move to a spot, then move to a different spot?

Level 2
The thing is that after a certain time neutrals go back to where they stood in the first place; no matter if it's patrolling, moving somewhere, attacking, etc. I wont them to stop at the point (or continue patrolling, whichever).
Do you know how that can be done? (If you don't understand what I'm saying, please tell me)

Yeah, change its owner to a player, whose slot is unused, but it's controller type is "User". Go to Force Priorities to do that. To imitate Neutrals, use the following actions:
  • Unit - Change color of (Unit) to Black
  • Player - Set name of (UnusedPlayer) to (Player name of (Neutral Hostile))
  • Unit - Change owner of (Unit) to (UnusedPlayer) and Retain color

Level 2
Thanks. By the way, that's a great idea.:thumbs_up: Just what I needed.
Sorry, but Hive doesn't let me add on to your rep for some reason.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.