• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Nerubian Spikes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Like this?
Vorpal_Spikes_HD.gif

(What the dude with the green health bar is doing).

Level 28
yees, that the one I want, caan you do that?
Look at the description of that youtube-title. It says he found them all on the hive workshop and didn't create a single spell himself.
This means that you can easily find it here.

I did a 2-second search and found this.
I just did a quick search for the word "spikes" in the spells section. This was the second result. Searches can save everyone time :p

Edit: though the spell sucks a little.

Level 28
It's been a while since I last did something in GUI, but eh. This should work.
I've removed all triggers from the other map and just made my own.

If you have some trouble importing it, it might be because of the variable "handleId" (an integer variable). I used that in a custom script (won't auto-copy) and a hashtable (the editor might mistakenly copy this as a handle variable, which it isn't).

Attachments

• Spike Spell.w3x
    65.2 KB · Views: 36
Level 20
Asuming it's GUI

To reduce the HP by 15% do:
  • Unit -Set life of (Casting Unit) = (Current Life of Casting Unit * 0.85)
To do the damage for 3 seconds, create a dummy and order it to cast some ability that deals damage over time, like Acid Bomb, configure the ability to do what you want.

You can also create a dummy that stuns your hero for 2.5 seconds with an ability like Stormbolt that deals 0.01 damage.

Doing this in another way would require a Unit group, a periodic trigger, and some other stuff.

Level 28
Alternatively, to pause the hero you can go to the ability-tab in the Object Editor and go to the spell.
Since it's based on Channel, you can enable the option "Data - Disable other abilities" (set that to true).
Then set "Data - Follow Through Time" to 2.5 seconds.
This will pause the hero for 2.5 seconds after casting the spell, no triggers required (Yay for Channel).

Doing the damage over X seconds can be kind-of stupid in GUI.
Spartipilo's way of poisoning the unit is a very simple, yet effective method for static damage.
If the damage can vary (based on hero attributes for example), then you could use a DOT system. I don't really like it all that much though.

Status
Not open for further replies.