• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

" But if you need help getting started with a trigger, this is not the right place"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
It's writed that in this place i have to ask how to start a trigger, so i hope get help.
I need to create Spiked Carapace from dota nerubian weaver or a spell similar. You active and when you are attacked return damage to the enemy, stun and you don't take that attack damage received
- using GUI to create the spell-
Thanks for you who answered.

Level 22
You should probably explain more what the spell is about. Spiked Carapace-like spell which return the damage without the caster receiving that damage and stun the attackers for every damage the caster receives. Sounds overpowered to me.

But if that is the case, then using DDS is your best answer.

Level 37
You active and when you are attacked return damage to the enemy, stun and you don't take that attack damage received.

So this isn't a passive then? It's an active ability that applies those effects for X seconds? If so, you will need a proper data structure and a DDS.

Why not use OE? It does exactly this.

Spiked Carapace doesn't stun attacking units.

Level 4
So this isn't a passive then? It's an active ability that applies those effects for X seconds? If so, you will need a proper data structure and a DDS.

Spiked Carapace doesn't stun attacking units.

Spiked carapace from nerubian stun and return, and block too. that what i want, for X seconds when you active, DDS is really complicated. Note that isn't the spiked carapace from warcraft, but from dota.

Level 22
Well then, just make sure the ability is an insta-cast and has a buff. Use DDS and check if the unit who takes damage has that buff. If yes, block, return and stun. DDS from that link I gave you isn't that complicated. Just take your time to learn how to use it, I'm sure you can understand it quickly.

Level 4
I can make OE do it with minimal trigger support. You're just lazy and want someone to do it for you. DDS is probably a good way too but it is a bit complex for such a simple spell.

i'm not lazy i just don't know how to do this, and yes this trigger is to much for a simple spell.

Level 4
/\ You don't need. I will do it. Yes you're lazy and stupid and I don't know why you aren't banned yet.

This FiremanBO is linked to my IP and people think we are the same person.

Level 37
You will need 3 triggers:
  • On cast trigger that will detect when the unit casts the ability and to cache necessary data (counter, triggering unit & player, etc)
  • Loop trigger that will keep track how long a specific instance has ran so you know when to end it
  • An on damage trigger that will nullify the damage, return it to the attacker, and stun them. With Bribe's DDS, this is what it will roughly look like:
    • On Damage Event
      • Events
        • Game - DamageModifierEvent becomes Equal to 1.00
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • Set DamageTaken = DamageEventAmount
        • Set DamageEventAmount = 0.00
        • Set Owner = (Owner of DamageEventTarget)
        • Set TempLoc = (Position of DamageEventSource)
        • -------- --------
        • Unit - Cause DamageEventTarget to damage DamageEventSource, dealing DamageTaken damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
        • Unit - Create 1 DummyUnit for Owner at TempLoc facing Default building facing degrees
        • Set TempUnit = (Last created unit)
        • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to TempUnit
        • Unit - Order TempUnit to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt DamageEventSource
        • -------- --------
        • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)

DamageTaken, TempLoc, Owner, and TempUnit are variables I made. You will also want to add a condition to make sure that DamageEventTarget is a unit that actually has a spell instance of "Spiked Carapace" active.

Status
Not open for further replies.