• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Negative Donation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Lets see...

attachment.php

What? I see people donate but Do people Take money out of the site? I mean, They ask Ralle to give Or they Hack the Site?
Why should they?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 324
Level 17
I think it's because Ralle bought a new server that time, as it is written there "New Server (Jack)".

Are you sure?
There was another Negative Donation:

attachment.php

Edit: maybe That vBSeo is a new system... So yeah you might be right but i want to see Ralles' Answer.
Thx in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 293

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
To show us that the donated money is actually used to improve the hive and not used for Ralle's secret trips to Hawaii. Or maybe he put up some false information to pretend that he used the money for the hive when he actually went to Hawaii. The mystery continues.

Agent Chaosy on the case

Level 17
To show us that the donated money is actually used to improve the hive and not used for Ralle's secret trips to Hawaii. Or maybe he put up some false information to pretend that he used the money for the hive when he actually went to Hawaii. The mystery continues.

Agent Chaosy on the case

I recall some people demands or at least distrust Ralle on the donations, hence that is put to proof he's actually using it for the server.
But I won't get any further, since I have zero solid proof of the demands.

Looks Right to me. Thx in advance!
However, For the Ultimate Answer I Await Ralle...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Although Ralle has not been the most transparent as to what happens to the donated money (no clear break down of all the costs every month and how it affected the donation pot etc), I can assure you that it all goes towards running the server sooner or later.

If anything Ralle is likely still having to pay a significant amount of his own money to keep the servers running. Servers the size of Hive Workshop are not cheap, especially due to all the bandwidth used for files. If Ralle was receiving ~20k donations per month then something might be up but over the last 6 months he has received $405 from donations (of which some is likely lost due to PayPal transaction costs). That is about $67.50 per month, which is what one could expect to pay for a reasonable server with good bandwidth. Let us not forget though that the 6 months before that he received $221 which is considerably less ($36.83 per month) so on average it is much less.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Yeah... I used the donation page for more than donations at some point in time. Now I mostly just list donations.

EDIT:
I decided to remove the negative donations. They are not worth remembering in comparison with what people have decided to give themselves.

Also, I have updated the donations on this month. It's a biggie :D

Last edited:
Level 17
Although Ralle has not been the most transparent as to what happens to the donated money (no clear break down of all the costs every month and how it affected the donation pot etc), I can assure you that it all goes towards running the server sooner or later.

If anything Ralle is likely still having to pay a significant amount of his own money to keep the servers running. Servers the size of Hive Workshop are not cheap, especially due to all the bandwidth used for files. If Ralle was receiving ~20k donations per month then something might be up but over the last 6 months he has received $405 from donations (of which some is likely lost due to PayPal transaction costs). That is about $67.50 per month, which is what one could expect to pay for a reasonable server with good bandwidth. Let us not forget though that the 6 months before that he received $221 which is considerably less ($36.83 per month) so on average it is much less.

Yeah... I used the donation page for more than donations at some point in time. Now I mostly just list donations.

EDIT:
I decided to remove the negative donations. They are not worth remembering in comparison with what people have decided to give themselves.

Also, I have updated the donations on this month. It's a biggie :D

I guess that's it. Thx all!

Status
Not open for further replies.