Negative Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I don't know if you can do it without knowing the armour value of the units. You can manage this by storing extra unit data inside a hashtable (damage, armour, health regen, etc). These are extra stats on units that you can't just get a hold of with the triggers for whatever reason (for instance, you can get a unit's max health or a hero's strength, etc).

With a stat modification system, you can subtract or add as much armour as you want (not infinite, but probably more than the game can handle without breaking if you really want to push it that far lol). If you know a unit's normal amount of armour, you can make it so it cannot subtract more than that amount.

I am not sure what you mean in the second post.

Level 2
For example I hae 15 base armour from lvl1 and +155 from items. if I use devo aura with a negative to use as a temporary debuff it will do say 40% reduction to the 15 and then subract it from the total of 15+155 leaving 15+140. I want to be able to reduce the total value of 15+155=170 so like it would reduce the armour by 40% of 170..

Level 12
For example I hae 15 base armour from lvl1 and +155 from items. if I use devo aura with a negative to use as a temporary debuff it will do say 40% reduction to the 15 and then subract it from the total of 15+155 leaving 15+140. I want to be able to reduce the total value of 15+155=170 so like it would reduce the armour by 40% of 170..
I think you can only do that by knowing how much armour the unit has. This is not hard if you have the system I described in place. I am not sure if there is another way to do it.

Level 8
Hey i have several armour reduction abilities and i was wondering if it were possible to prevent armour going below 0?

You can but it will take some effort, as SAUS explained, to track buffs and and other things.

Also is it possible to remove bonus armour with a negative devotion aura as it only strips base armour for me.

Unfortunately, no. As you have already discovered, a negative Devotion Aura will only reduce base armour.

Status
Not open for further replies.