• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Armour Bonus Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi all :thumbs_up:

Just wanted to see if anyone knows why the following thingy is happening:

I have an equipment system based off spellbooks, and for equipment which gives an armour bonus I am using a modified version of Devotion Aura to give it. The thing is however, it seems to double whatever value I set in the Armour Bonus Value field of the Ability editor. It actually waits a second or so after the item is equipped, then adds the Armour Bonus which I set, then waits another second or so and doubles it. I want the item to give an armour bonus of 1 but instead have to set the ability to give a 0.5 bonus. I'm guessing the answer is something quite nooby and obvious but hey, I'm stumped :ugly:

Thanks in advance dudes.

x3m

x3m

Level 3
Can't figure out this one just by reading it.
Send map and I can try to fix it :)

Level 2
Agreed Wif -BerZerKer-, Sry If Typo.
However, Since A Item Oni Has Limit Of 4 Abilities, U Might Nid To Edit Item Abilities To Fit It In. Other Than Tt, It Shld Work. As For The Devotion Aura Thingy, It Is Most Probably A Leak.

Level 8
Sorry I didn't really explain things very well did I.

I actually had the same thought round about the same time you were writing that post BerZeKeR. The thing is though it has to be a unit ability not item. The Spellbooks only shows a passive icon with no effect, just so the player can see what items they have equipped, i.e. when an item is equipped (by left clicking it in the inventory) the actual item is removed and a passive ability is added to the 'Equipment' spellbook to represent it, then the abilities which it enables (in this case an armour bonus) are added to a second, disabled spellbook. I tried using the Item Armour Bonus ability (which would be added to the disabled spellbook when the item is equipped) but it won't disable so the hero has it constantly regardless of wether he has the item in question equipped or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.