• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] Needing on a triggered skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello, hivers! I need again your expertise. I am planning to create a spell that I have realy no idea how to do in Triggers. This is the detail of the spell. See Below:

The skill's name is Counter Slash. It is an active skill not passive. When you use the skill, the user will stand and when he is attacked by an enemy, the user will counter with an attack with x3 more damage but the counter effect will last for one attack that means when the user counters he cannot counter again and needs to use the skill, it will not loop. But if the user uses this and no one attacks him for 5 seconds, he will automatically cancel the skill.

This is the skill I am planning. For me it is hard because I am not really good at triggering skills and I know this skill really requires triggers. So can anyone help me how to do this. REP will be given!:thumbs_up:

Level 33
Well, I can make this spell to go on cooldown if the unit counters, and the spell won't go on cooldown if the unit does not detect any incoming damage.

Xtrheo's version is that regardless of the unit detects incoming damage or not, the spell goes on cooldown (which is quite a waste if you activate it and no one's around).

Well, are you happy with his version or do you want mine ?

Level 4
Ok no problem :D

You still online, my friend? I need your help on the skill you created. I need you to make the skill's damage: hero's base damage x 3. And for the model when you attack. Its Mark of Chaos right? But when I change it to a model I got here on hive, its name is "Sweep", I cant see the model. I dont know if your trigger has the problem or the model? :eekani:

Level 10
You still online, my friend? I need your help on the skill you created. I need you to make the skill's damage: hero's base damage x 3. And for the model when you attack. Its Mark of Chaos right? But when I change it to a model I got here on hive, its name is "Sweep", I cant see the model. I dont know if your trigger has the problem or the model? :eekani:

Sry for late answer
The skill is dealing 3 times the damage dealt (so it includes the reduction of damage due to the targeted unit's armor). So do you want it to make : "hero's base damage x 3" pure damage (neglecting any armor?).

And for the sweep effect, it is my trigger that bugs. You have to destroy the sweep effect only in the "Counter Slash Effect 2" Trigger.
Check it out:
View attachment CounterSlash2.0.w3x

Last edited:
Level 17
Sry for late answer
The skill is dealing 3 times the damage dealt (so it includes the reduction of damage due to the targeted unit's armor). So do you want it to make : "hero's base damage x 3" pure damage (neglecting any armor?).

And for the sweep effect, it is my trigger that bugs. You have to destroy the sweep effect only in the "Counter Slash Effect 2" Trigger.
Check it out:
View attachment 118025

no no you cant deal "pure" damage this way. it is very incaccurate you dont even know how much armor the target has. armor reduction has 2 stages: first is the armor type which you can set in gameplay constants and second is the armor % reduction which is the same on every unit based on their armor value. anyways to trigger "pure" damage you need to deal a damage type which does 1.00 to all armor types(default chaos) AND you will need to add an ability which reduces the target unit's armor to 0. now this is tricky because you have to know how much armor the ability has to reduce there is a system which can get the armor amount amongst a few other things but it requires some minor jass knowledge. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...t%20unit%20armor%20type%20&d=list&r=20anyways after you get the armor value you can have negative armor abilities in an array eg
ability array armor
set ability array[1] = - 1 armor
set ability array[2] = -2 armor and so on when you get the target unit's armor you just add this ability based on the armor value it has
this is the best method everything else is inncaurate

Level 10
no no you cant deal "pure" damage this way. it is very incaccurate you dont even know how much armor the target has. armor reduction has 2 stages: first is the armor type which you can set in gameplay constants and second is the armor % reduction which is the same on every unit based on their armor value. anyways to trigger "pure" damage you need to deal a damage type which does 1.00 to all armor types(default chaos) AND you will need to add an ability which reduces the target unit's armor to 0. now this is tricky because you have to know how much armor the ability has to reduce there is a system which can get the armor amount amongst a few other things but it requires some minor jass knowledge. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...t%20unit%20armor%20type%20&d=list&r=20anyways after you get the armor value you can have negative armor abilities in an array eg
ability array armor
set ability array[1] = - 1 armor
set ability array[2] = -2 armor and so on when you get the target unit's armor you just add this ability based on the armor value it has
this is the best method everything else is inncaurate

Well that's my point, is is really useful to deal pure damage? In my trigger only the "real" amount of damage dealt (which is reduced by armor) is multiplied by 3 and that resulting amount of damage will be returned to the attacker (knowing the armor of the attacker will also reduce the damage he'll receive).
If he really wants pure damage (which is not necessary in my opinion) I could replace the "Damage Unit" by "set Life of unit to : (life of unit - damage desired)" and if the resulting life is less than or equal to 0, then I make the caster responsible for the kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.