• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Detecting Autocast, skill based 'skills' and triggered skill. NEED HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
For pros of the forum

I;m creating a skill that allows you to launches Crushing waves except of normal attacks.
Example

Skill base : Immolation
--Init--
Everytime activated
Run Trigger1
-------
Trigger1
Everytime command = Attack
Create dummy unit on position of commanded unit
Order dummy to cast 'Neutral Hostile, Crushing Wave' attacked unit
-------

That's all. Anyway, another question
How can i create an autocast skill, each time it's turned on, it will allow you to blink around just in 1 left-click to an area? Drains mana each blink (autoblink)

P.S : I am creating a map right now. It can choose either AOS, tower defence with hero on it, D&D player battle, and....alot of game mode i was planning. Ideas accepted and of course credited (i don't mind teamwork. I even wanted to.)

Level 16
detecting autocast is with:

event - unit is issued an order without target
condition - Issued order equal to (string) 'slowon'
actions - w/e

That would detect when someone turns autocast on for the spell 'slow'. You can see all the string codes which the spells use in the ability editor by looking at the ability.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You can not detect each time a autocast spell like frost arrows is used.
You can detect if imolation is on and make an auto blink.

You can detect when the spell is turned on, and from that you use it to turn on your trigger. In your trigger you use a trigger simulated blink every time the hero is issued a point order (smart (default right click) OR move (active ability)). Finally you have a trigger to turn the main actions trigger off when the dummy is turned off.

Its that simple. . .

Rui

Rui

Level 41
  • AutoBlink
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
    • Conditions
      • [B]Order Comparison:[/B] (Issued order) Equal to (Order(move))
      • [B]Real Comparison:[/B] (Mana of (Ordered unit)) Greater than or equal to ([I]ManaNeededForYourSpell[/I])
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Ordered unit) to Night Elf Warden - Blink (Target point of issued order)
      • Unit - Set mana of (Ordered unit) to ((Mana of (Ordered unit)) - ([I]ManaNeededForYourSpell[/I])
To reach the Mana of Unit, use Unit - Property inside the Real Comparison.
This is the trigger for Auto-Blink. The Real Comparison prevents the actions from occurring if the unit doesn't have mana. This doesn't leak as far as I know, but it may lagg when moving alot of units.

I can't tell about the Crushing Wave thing, since most people reported the Is Attacked function to be bugged.

Level 2
......i'm a JASS noob. dunno anything about JASS

Dr Super Good
You can not detect each time a autocast spell like frost arrows is used.
You can detect if imolation is on and make an auto blink.

You can detect when the spell is turned on, and from that you use it to turn on your trigger. In your trigger you use a trigger simulated blink every time the hero is issued a point order (smart (default right click) OR move (active ability)). Finally you have a trigger to turn the main actions trigger off when the dummy is turned off.

Its that simple. . .
-------------------------
Is the action string 'smart' is equal to right click? That simple?? Wow. I'm so lame. But how can we detect if the immolation base skill is on or off?

Mini-Me
detecting autocast is with:

event - unit is issued an order without target
condition - Issued order equal to (string) 'slowon'
actions - w/e

That would detect when someone turns autocast on for the spell 'slow'. You can see all the string codes which the spells use in the ability editor by looking at the ability.
-----------
So that the string 'slowon' is turning the autocast on? okay. I'll try it.

Rui
To reach the Mana of Unit, use Unit - Property inside the Real Comparison.
This is the trigger for Auto-Blink. The Real Comparison prevents the actions from occurring if the unit doesn't have mana. This doesn't leak as far as I know, but it may lagg when moving alot of units.

---------------------
THat's possible. But because move is an active ability we must press M to move it and the ability will work. Maybe we can use smart string?

That explains the half of it. THanks a lot. If u have any time, can u answer my question? Again, thanks.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
There is a quote button you know. . .

Well anyway you have to have a starting trigger and end trigger.
The first trigger triggers when immolaion is turned on (detected by order).
It turns on trigger 2.
Trigger 2 triggers everytime the unit issues a order targiting a point.
It moves the hero to the target location or if it is too far, moves it [insert amount] towards the target point.
Trigger 3 triggers when immolaion is turned off (same way of detection as when it is turned on)
It turns off trigger 2

And thus your spell is complete.

Level 2
There is a quote button you know. . .

Well anyway you have to have a starting trigger and end trigger.
The first trigger triggers when immolaion is turned on (detected by order).
It turns on trigger 2.
Trigger 2 triggers everytime the unit issues a order targiting a point.
It moves the hero to the target location or if it is too far, moves it [insert amount] towards the target point.
Trigger 3 triggers when immolaion is turned off (same way of detection as when it is turned on)
It turns off trigger 2

And thus your spell is complete.
Woot. Thanks, ill try it.

Sorry. Quote not available at fast replies.

Level 8
Well, as a suggestion, it seems to me that you're creating a spell a lot like Searing Arrows or Cold Arrows. How about simply basing the spell off of them? I think it would be easier, since you can just edit what you want it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.