• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need your opinions and ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I need your opinions and suggestions on some lore for my project.

Dark Elves, also known as Vampires or False Elves, are descendants of a long-forgotten human nation, the Kairi. Kairi lived on the outskirts of elven kingdom and were the elves' allies. However, over time the Kairi grew jealous of the elves' immortality and power. Eager to become equal to the higher race, thay began researching methods of prolonging their lives and expanding their abilities. Many ways were tried and abandoned, from most powerful magics to surgery and engineering. But one method proved to work. Changed by terrible magical rituals, the people could buy themselves a longer life by consuming mortals' blood. Dark times followed. The Kairi destroed several neighbouring kingdoms, slaughtering their people to get more blood.
The elves, alarmed by sudden bloodthirst of their former allies prepared for war. But the Kairi attacked the elves first, because one of their Blood Cardinals - magi, responsible for the conversion of Kairi - supposed that elven blood will be more effective, than humans'. In the great battle the forces of Kairi defeated the elves but suffered enormous losses. The survivors feasted on elven blood, only to find out, that pure elven blood was poisonous to them. Many Kairi died, but there were several that survived and, due to the effect of the elven blood, became truly powerful. They became known as Blood Princes.
The remaining Kairi split into several factions, ruled by Blood Princes. The civil wars that followed were fatal for Kairi. Many of them were killed by the elves and humans, many more were slaughtered by their own brethren. Those who survived retreated to mighty fortresses, hiding behind their thick walls and dark enchantments, occasionally raiding nearby kindoms to refill their supplies of human blood.

i'm not entirely satisfied with it. i need some ideas why are they so cruel after all these years (this is like a 2500 years passed), what drives them, apart for the blood thirst (literally), what personality is common to them. I don't want to make them like Drow or Warhammer's Dark Elves, i want their cruelty to have some logical background.

PS: keep in ind, that they are living creatures, not undead. also they don't suffer from the dailight, though they prefer shadows, and they cannot turn into giant bats... or can they? =)

Dark Elves, also known as Vampires or False Elves, are descendants of a long-forgotten human nation, the Kairi.
WTF !? If they are ELFS why they descend from HUMANS ? IMHO, you really should fix this ...
Also, why would Kaira attack each other ? Power ? (always the same xD)

I really think the LOTR lore would fit here ... in LOTR Dark elfs (Orcs) are elfs that got captured by the dark forces, and tortured to the ways of the dark power.
Also, I don't think that gelous can be such a strong force to lead people to killing each other mmmm

There is always the WarHammer way -> A dark God appeared promising them immortality and unlimited power, if they followed him ...

Just a few things for you to consider =P

Level 15
normals elves were long before humans =) vampires are called False ELves because they have human origins. In fact only vampires call themselves Elves, everyone else calls them Vampires =))
i already have a race corrupted by a Chaos God, purely warhammer-style =)))
don't want to use that trick twice =))

as for jealousy - when a man lives his damned 40 years (in ancient times that was alot) and his neighbours are immortal... i think he will grow jealous enough to start killing others.

as for their civil war - yeah, the Blood Princes wanted power, each of them wanted to be the sole ruler

Ok, so Kairi are killing themselves and in the end, all stay friend and run into a super fortress ? I don't get this idea.

Jealousy mmm is like seeing Homer Simpson killing Ned Flanders ... -> never going to happen (lol).

Humans could want more power, or could be addicted to it, thus forcing them to go to a dark path ... but this is too much "Blodd Elf" style (it is the same thing ...).

Level 15
nah, in the end most of the remaining Kairi get slaughtered by humans and elves and flee into different super-fortresses, still hating each other =)

jealousy was a first spark. desire for eternal life and great power - that's a serious reason to kill people =))) Scourge's Cult of Damned revolves around it =))

yeah, humans always want more power. LotR style, but w/e =)

Level 15
yeah, but just as every other race they set out to save the world...
now that will need a bit of background
also, lust for power is a bit too wide... some more focused aim would be better... after all these years vampires may have come to valuing something else =))
but redemption is not an option. vampires are an evil race.

EDIT: dark elves being cruel in nature and revelling in suffering and sorrow is a bit too much of warhammer copy. i need at least some differences from the game worlds i rip my ideas from =DDD

but ofc, they need fresh blood, that's why they terrorrise nearby kingdoms and capture people. but they are not twisted by magic. they look as gray-skinned elves with black to white hair.

ok, forget the cruelty part. hundreds of years drinking fresh human blood would turn anyone cruel =)

Level 15
damn, now i have chaos in my head... gotta revise the lore...

main point is that they are elves after all =))) they don't like chaos =)

But if they don't like chaos why did they joined chaos !!! The whole lore seems to lack sense ! xD

Unless ... you do like "Chronicles of Riddrick" movie. The hero (Van Diesel) belongs to an bloody fighter race - The Furions - and he is the last survivor of his race. The hero is not "good" in the meaning of the word, he is also evil. However the Universe balance is being destroyed by another evil - the necromancers empire - which has become so powerful that creates chaos in the very balance of the Universe. Without balance life cannot be sustained. Because good forces are to weak to fight this new menace, the hero (which is evil) must fight the stronger evil. Basically when good can't do its job, another kind of evil (less evil) takes its place.

Maybe you could take advantage of this - a bigger evil appears, and the Vampires (which are evil) are the only ones who can defeat the new menace, thus saving the world...

Just a few ideas ...

Level 15
Vampires are evil but they serve a different diety. they serve the Darkness Gods, while Chaos Gods seek to destroy even the darkness gods themselves.

ok, perhaps this lore will do without any major changes. not too original, but w/e =))

Level 15
i figured out what i need =)))
i mean what vampires need.
they need a touch of uniqueness, or at least originality =))
anyone has any ideas how to make the vampires stand out? not necessarily lore-vise, just maybe some interesting features/ideas...

Level 3
Here's my idea.

Elves - a mysterious race - are seen by other lands as a pinnacle of order in a land wrought by chaos. However, it was not always that way. Elves - while always noble had once held traits of humans such as racism, ignorance, oblivious inhumanity. And from their cast of workers and builders came Dae'nor, meaning Blackened One in the native language of the Elves. While he was not always blackened, he had a well intentioned mind with terrible reasoning. In effort to prolong Elven life, he took his fellows prisoners, weakening them and allowing them to feast on blood as the only source of life. With the Elves natural affluence for magic, he succeeded. These Elves became blackened, Dark Elves with a terrible curse - a hunger for blood. Most of these Dark Elves have succumbed to their hunger and have risen in power over the years, seeing the rest of the Elves as their primary source of food. However, there are still some Dark Elves who still crave original life - to return - but they have a dying stance against this wretched vampirism.

Level 15
@ wx3shady: thanx, but i already have the lore

@ Flame_Phoenix: not really =)))
i aleady have more than enough classes planned with all the abilities...

Level 8
Let's begin with spell ideas, doesn't matter what ^^

(need to mention, that the vampire needs blood [his blood] for his skills, gained by his passive/active skill, called "Essence of Blood" (later explained more))

---Bloody Strike---
(active)
Krazzar (random hero name) uses his (blood-)sword (yes, vampires have 2 forms: normal and demonic one. And they can create weapons with his blood, that are as hard as steel) to strike down his foe, damaging it. It also drains some blood of the enemy and increases the size of the blade, temporarily increasing his damage.
> Huge initial damage and second time-after-time damage

---Essence of Blood---
(active and passive)
Krazzar uses his skills to manipulate the living body in front of him. If ever Krazzar attacks it, the foe's blood will leave his body gradually and flow into the vampire.
> Every attacks drain some blood from the foe and replenishs some hp (blood) of the vampire.

---Vampire's Grace---
Krazzar learned, how to attack swiftly with his sword/claws. Every attack has the chance of inflicting a critical hit and creating an open wound, which damages over time for XX seconds.
The vampire also gets a little agility boost during night.

---Real form---
Krazzar reveales his true form, by sacrifying 80/75/70% of his health (blood). In it's true form, he can't use items, nor can he use his first and second skill. However his third skill has an increased effect.
He also gains another skill, called: Moonlight, which is active and grants him the spell of adding a 1 minute eclipse. In the night, he has a the agility boost of skill 3 also.

And for those, who knew that that are only 2 (+1 basic spell = Essence of Blood) learnable skills, here is the last:

---Leeching---
Krazzar jumps behind an enemy and leechs it's blood for Xseconds, restoring X % of his blood and draining X% of the foe's blood (HP).

Hoped, that helped

Level 15
lol, Gaegamel, i'm not going to make a vampire-only class, even now =PP
but ty anyway =)))

@ Flame Phoenix: hard to figure... some feature (flavour, lore, smth like that) that will make them stand out from the enormous mass of 'mindlessly cruel dark elves' and 'vampires who are bad only because they need human blood to live eternally and be powerful'...
some kind of a distinguishing touch...

if i knew exactly what i need, i wouldn't ask, i would just think of it myself =))

Level 12
But if they don't like chaos why did they joined chaos !!! The whole lore seems to lack sense ! xD

Unless ... you do like "Chronicles of Riddrick" movie. The hero (Van Diesel) belongs to an bloody fighter race - The Furions - and he is the last survivor of his race. The hero is not "good" in the meaning of the word, he is also evil. However the Universe balance is being destroyed by another evil - the necromancers empire - which has become so powerful that creates chaos in the very balance of the Universe. Without balance life cannot be sustained. Because good forces are to weak to fight this new menace, the hero (which is evil) must fight the stronger evil. Basically when good can't do its job, another kind of evil (less evil) takes its place.

Maybe you could take advantage of this - a bigger evil appears, and the Vampires (which are evil) are the only ones who can defeat the new menace, thus saving the world...

Just a few ideas ...

So Evil becomes good, in the quest to destroy evil, so taht they may be more evil?
I like that one.
I'd rep you, but apparantly I'm too nice and can't rep for 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.