• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Triggering Help...Please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Here is what I am trying to do. In my map, creeps spawn periodically in a certain location for each team. Throughout the game, a random hero (neutral-hostile)will appear in the map. For the team that kills the hero, I want their creeps to permanently be more powerful, more dmg by X amount and more Hit points by X amount. nothing should change for the other team.
Also, in the area that the hero appears (it will always be the same circle) while he is alive, I want both teams to be able to see invisible units. I don't want a team to work on killing the hero, then one guy from the other team hides then sneaks up and gets the last hit for the kill.
Thanks!!!

Level 1
Easy Enough Triggers

This is the way I see to acomplish your goals
1)Save different creeps into a unit array. Use the randomnumber generator (a built in function in the editor) to choose a number that would in in your array. Next use the create unit command and tell it to create a(n) unit(s) of your type randomly (or at a fixed point) on the map. If you do not want it to place it over the entire map, make a region and tell it to place it over the region. This can be used for your hero too.

2)To make the creeps stronger for the team that kills the hero all one needs to do is use the unit dies event. Add the conditions of dying unit=hero and dying unit is owned by player (whatever player neutral is). Next create a series of upgrades for each teams creeps. When the unit dies you issue the command to upgrade your units.

3) One can control what each player sees using visability modifiers. Simply do something sort of like #2. A periodic event that checks if the neutral hero is alive. If he is set visiblity over x region to what ever you desire. To control visability one can create an neutral unit that is uncontrollable with the ability to see invisible units. When the neutral hero dies, you remove this unit from the game. When he is alive, create the unit.

Pardon if this is conveluted and confusing. It is difficult to describe how to trigger things when one only has a chunk. All you really need to do to get this map on it's feet is play with the regions, visability commands (under actions) and events dealing with a unit being alive and dead (along with the conditions.) feel free to contact me...

Seige911

Status
Not open for further replies.