• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need to find this kind of minigame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I barely remember of these games. They all share same gameplay, is that you control a character, trying to take over entire map (a huge square area). You firstly start standing at this map border, while monsters are running inside. The only way to destroy them is to create a full square area: by moving your character, a trait of straight line will left behind, until 4 of them connected into that square. All monsters inside your created area will be destroyed, and that area is no longer accessible as it works as current map borders (connected with old ones). You win the game if total occupied area scale is more than 80%++, any remaining monsters will be destroyed too.

I wanna know if anyone know similar games. I need a list cause I really miss playing them, please help.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
I am so very saddened this has been left unanswered for so long...
:slp:

I barely remember of these games. They all share same gameplay, is that you control a character, trying to take over entire map (a huge square area). You firstly start standing at this map border, while monsters are running inside. The only way to destroy them is to create a full square area: by moving your character, a trait of straight line will left behind, until 4 of them connected into that square. All monsters inside your created area will be destroyed, and that area is no longer accessible as it works as current map borders (connected with old ones). You win the game if total occupied area scale is more than 80%++, any remaining monsters will be destroyed too.
Depending on your age, you are looking for Qix-like games, or for Gals Panic-like games (because of the kinky stuff). I personally consider they should be under a 'space-filler' sub-category of the Puzzle/action genre of games.

I wanna know if anyone know similar games. I need a list cause I really miss playing them, please help.
- Qix - Sequels and Clones - Wikipedia
- Gals Panic - Offshoots, Clones and similar games - Wikipedia

As an example:

There is also one similar game for pc, but my brain can't figure it out? Main player is a red-beard warrior. [...]

Fortix 2 on Steam
https://www.softpedia.com/reviews/games/linux/Fortix-2-Review-468641.shtml

Level 50
Now when you guys mentioned games, does anyone remembers a game where you fight a robot animals?
I remember in the beginning of the game you are in some cage and have to fight some robot wolves. There are also other enemies, like wolves on two feet with guns...

Edit: I think the player you're actually playing with is a lion with a munition on his chest.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
You're welcome.

[...] These are great games by their unique standard.
Yeah. But I have the feeling these never quite made it from the arcade cabinets to the mainstream home computers / consoles.

[...] sir. @pyf [...]

:wink:

like_a_sir_value_funny_tshirt-ra8e01928ecee4e2b874255992aec439f_jyr6t_512.jpg

pyf

pyf

Level 32
[...] I don't think anyone is able to find a way to download Jade Shadow form Zango Games. Such good mini-games, buried deep into the Abyss.

Quoting Game Chronicles themselves (from the link you yourself provided above):

"[...] The reason [Jade Shadow] is free is because all you have to do is have Zango’s proprietary software installed and then download it. This software must be installed in order to play the game, even after you download the game if this isn’t on your computer it will not run. Think of this like Half Life 2 and Steam, the only difference is that the game here is nowhere near the production value of Half Life, and Zango cannot be shut off whereas Steam can.

So that’s no big deal, right? You get this neat little shooter for free, and access to all of the other games Zango has to offer for free. All I have to do is have their software on my system. Ah, but you forgot about the catch. The Zango software is not simply your pass card to play their games. What Zango does is offer companies a way around your pop-up blocker. That’s right, as long as you have Zango installed you will get pop-up ads from Zango whenever you open your web browser, and actually it’s more like about every third page you visit another ad pops up.

So, essentially I get “free” games so long as I let Zango bombard me with ads. No thank you. Internet service providers went to great lengths to offer blocking services because people don’t like pop-ups. Go figure. [...]"

Status
Not open for further replies.