• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need to find a specific type of FadeFilter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
it should resemble that of shooting a gun in most FPS games, any resources guys? figure id post here since its the cinematics thread and most of you are more knowledgeable than me about these things ^^ its like the whole hand thing using some kind of gun filter, just like in FPS games, i saw it in many wc games so i would really like the source of it, even it was CnPd or whatnot, il give credit to the original creators otherwise :p

Level 10
well yea, but its much easier to use fadefilter, and arnadath dont worry il +rep :p i wasnt talking about attack, but the whole gun shooting action. and its really hard to make the cam display it, as if it looks good in cam itll look bad when you see it as a model, and vice versa

Level 10
hmm... i think dream def is better, but im actually creating an FPS, since wc3 vanilla for units is really bad when it coems to FPS camera, i really need to use filters meh :( i already created it so that the unit can shoot with his gun, but part of his body still appears, looks too WC3ish tho >_> appreciate your help ^^

EDIT: you know i may use that fadefilter for slashing units, like a knife weapon )) thanks for idea, tho it would intervene with the damage fadefilter meh.... il find the solution hopefully... >_>

{EDIT}
thanks for help all, i guess model with some workarounds would be better since fades intervene w/ eachother. ^^

but if there is a knife or gun that have a shooting or slashing animation... that would be greatly appreciated :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.