• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need to edit the Loading Screen Description/ect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Is there any way I could go about this without the World Editor? (My playable map size is 480/480, so I cannot use the in-game editor without getting the ''map is too large'' error)

Will I have to use a loading screen image that contains the description and everything?

Level 11
I'm not sure I completely understand your problem. But with WEU you should still be able to open the map and modify the loading screen. Even with that size of a map. (As long as the actual map size is a multiple of 32.)

Level 11
How can you work on the map if its so big the editor can't even open it? I'm not completely sure I understand what you mean. Umm, I don't think a 480 by 480 map can even be played by Warcraft III

Level 6
How can you work on the map if its so big the editor can't even open it? I'm not completely sure I understand what you mean.

It lets me edit it, when when I try to edit the ''MAP DESCRIPTION''
In the world editor, and hit OK, it slaps the error ''The map is too large in size, with a 240,000 something cells, the limit is 64,000 something cells''. I cannot edit the map description at all, including the loading screen.
Anything in the MAP DESCRIPTION window, with all it's tabs, i can't edit

Level 11
I asked you three times, you never answered. Have you tested the map? No you haven't. Using World Edit Enhancer, I built my own map at 480 by 480. What do you know, it doesn't work! The game engine won't allow a map that large. Sorry. You created an unplayable map.

Last edited:
Level 11
The reason it doesn't work is because the Game Engine is incapable of displaying a map of that size. The biggest map that will run with 480 in one dimension is 480 X 128 (I think)
I'm sorry I'm not able to help you further.

Level 6
The reason it doesn't work is because the Game Engine is incapable of displaying a map of that size. The biggest map that will run with 480 in one dimension is 480 X 128 (I think)
I'm sorry I'm not able to help you further.

The map loaded and worked

I just tested it, the map runs perfectly fine.

Just a lag spike in the beginning of the game, then some small lag, then the lag completely stops after a minute

Level 6

Attachments

• loap advance 2.jpg
    loap advance 2.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 74
Status
Not open for further replies.