• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need the help for a simple skinning job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Guys I have this little problem with the DalaranReject skin I need the bottom part (where his tentacle thinggies are - that he walks with) to be transparent I mean the gray part around his feet/tentacle like thinggies at the bottom.

As it usually is with the original blizzard DalaranReject. I used the original blizzard skin but for some reason that part changed to non-transparent.

here's the file:

1. In blp, jpg, and an example of which part of the skin I speak

Hope someone can help me as soon as possible! :)

Attachments

• DalaranRejectAcolyte3.2.jpg
    DalaranRejectAcolyte3.2.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 139
  • DalaranRejectAcolyte3.2.blp
    86.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Example.jpg
    Example.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 172
Level 6
Guys I have this little problem with the DalaranReject skin I need the bottom part (where his tentacle thinggies are - that he walks with) to be transparent I mean the gray part around his feet/tentacle like thinggies at the bottom.

As it usually is with the original blizzard DalaranReject. I used the original blizzard skin but for some reason that part changed to non-transparent.

here's the file:

1. In blp, jpg, and an example of which part of the skin I speak

Hope someone can help me as soon as possible! :)

Turning that part transparent again would solve your problem?

View attachment DalaranRejectAcolyte3.2.blp

Edit: I've also added TC to it, I don't know it that's in your plans, but I did it... :p

You probably saved it in a file-type that doesn't supports the alpha channel (transparency), that's the only way I can think about now as a reason for the alpha desappearing...

Anyways, let me know if I helped you... Farewell...

Last edited:
Level 7
Yes that is exactly what I needed, thank you very much Laercio. :goblin_good_job:

Told you it's a simple thing :p +rep

Still can you please remove the TC-ing as it just messes up the unit and I don't need this unit TC at all! That would be the last thing, thank you! :)

Level 6
Yes that is exactly what I needed, thank you very much Laercio. :goblin_good_job:

Told you it's a simple thing :p +rep

Still can you please remove the TC-ing as it just messes up the unit and I don't need this unit TC at all! That would be the last thing, thank you! :)

Sure... The TC is in his face (his mask), if you wish it to have as specific color would be better than simply all black... answer that and I'll change it ASAP...

Level 7
Well I just want it to be simply the slimy part as you see the parts that I have changed no team color to be present so I have no idea - never had to work with TC before - can't you just remove the TC somehow - so it doesn't appear at all?
Because right now it appears on the back of the Monster and messes up the swampy look of it!

Level 6
Well I just want it to be simply the slimy part as you see the parts that I have changed no team color to be present so I have no idea - never had to work with TC before - can't you just remove the TC somehow - so it doesn't appear at all?
Because right now it appears on the back of the Monster and messes up the swampy look of it!

Whoa, really?

TC=Team Color

The only place where your skin has transparency that is meant to be the team color is in the mask of the monster (That thing in front of it's face hiding his nose and his mouth), the team color on his back does not exist... you removed it, and I kept it that way... The only place I've really changed was his mask, because it was completely black, and seemed unreal... if you want it to be the same color as the rest (light purple), so it's okay (if not, I just misunderstood)

Level 7
Okay I just won't make the unit have transparency and the Team Colour won't appear underneath the skin - well I just wanted to make it more slimy this way...

Take a look to see what I mean:
The one pic is with and the other is without transparency on the unit!
See how the TC appears I don't want that... :/

(p.s. I know TC=Team Colour) ;)

Actually my main problem is solved thanks to Laercio - this is a secondary one that appeared afterwards, would be happy if someone helps me in solving this one as well. (or solve it for me as Laercio did with the first one - let's be honest) :)

Attachments

• With Transparency.png
    With Transparency.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Without Transparency.png
    Without Transparency.png
    91.2 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Level 6
Okay I just won't make the unit have transparency and the Team Colour won't appear underneath the skin - well I just wanted to make it more slimy this way...

Take a look to see what I mean:
The one pic is with and the other is without transparency on the unit!
See how the TC appears I don't want that... :/

(p.s. I know TC=Team Colour) ;)

Actually my main problem is solved thanks to Laercio - this is a secondary one that appeared afterwards, would be happy if someone helps me in solving this one as well. (or solve it for me as Laercio did with the first one - let's be honest) :)

Okay, now I understand what you're doing... if you have Paint.net or Photoshop (or any other program you use) just create a new layer below the skin, make a square (or something) in the color you want and place it behind the transparency I've made in the botton left part of the skin...

If that solves you problem I don't know (I thought you were making a skin for the acolyte, that's why I created it in the first time) (and I also thought you didn't know what was TC, sorry about that ;-P)

Level 7
Wait why are you using acolyte's skin to make that...

That is a question you should ask blizzard my friend I just modify a little bit what they did...

Guys I mentioned in the beginning that this is a skin for the DalaranReject - this is the skin it uses...

Laercio I don't quite get it, which part of the skin exactly you meant for me to put a layer/square on?

(Laercio could you make it like for a little child, make a screenshot of the skin and circle the part responsible for the TC, show it to me and I will experiment on it) :p :)

Level 6
223557-albums6475-picture70202.bmp

That white part...

that's the mask of the acolyte (when used in the acolyte) and is the only place where the transparency shows it as TC in the model (at least when I applied it on the acolyte)

It was black in your original skin, so, if you want, you can recolor that white square to the color that will fit better your monster.

I'll try to do that using that green part (the one in the right side of the point I'm pointing here) let's see if it fixes that...

Edit: Here we go, try this one...

View attachment DalaranRejectAcolyte2.blp

Last edited:
Level 7
Nah, no change the TC still appears when I apply the transparency option - tried with few layers even - same result...

I will just use the model without applying transparency to it and that will be it.

Thank you very much Laercio for spending time to help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.