• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requesting a simple skin edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey people of THW. I need a simple job done.
I have a model which needs a skin. The model only uses ingame textures and I want it to be custom ones. Its quite simple. Just make the body of the Truck black.

Nothing less and nothing more. Keep the blood and front part of the car there.
Its best if the kin could be easily edited.

Thanks, and the model is attacked below.
The BLP and MDX file is below.

Attachments

• SFM.mdx
    37.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Level 4
It was much easier to achieve this by modifying the model itself. There is no increase in file size. I only changed the material reference on one geoset from the model and added a material with no texture to it.

Attached is the new truck model. The texture is untouched. Please verify that this is what you wanted. The truck was already black so I assumed that you wanted the white decal at the front of the truck removed.

Attachments

• SFM.mdx
    37.5 KB · Views: 40
Level 4
Okay, done. This time, I simply replaced the team color texture on the model with that car texture you gave me earlier. You will have to import BOTH the truck model and the car texture.

If you want any further tweaks, just let me know.

Attachments

• Car.blp
    12.5 KB · Views: 48
  • SFM.mdx
    37.5 KB · Views: 42
Level 4
I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you mean. I still see the blood splatters on the front hood and the bumper.

Here is a screenshot of what I see on my computer.

Be aware that the blood splatters appear white in the model viewer but turn red once the truck is animated.

Attachments

• TruckView.jpg
    TruckView.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 108
Status
Not open for further replies.