• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Well I guess this is not the perfect sub-forum to ask this. I asked for suggestion in another forum but didn't get accurate response enough to take a decision.

Well I tried to make a system for combat and spell casting in warcraft-3, which has certain resemblance to world of warcraft system.

The game also has other stats like
Accuracy, evasion, magic evasion, critical strike, critical evasion etc.
I also made a buff debuff system, life bar system and a custom power system using multiboard.

I also have made a custom targeting system to make the combat feel more easy. Now the problem is, I doubt if it actually makes the combat easier or more complicated. I had made all these systems for a arena map which I have in plan to make. I need some feed back on all there system. Do I keep them or revert back to warcraft-3 like systems.(Specially the targeting system)

I am attaching a video and a test map.

The map doesn't lag. Fraps lagged when I recorded.

I need some really needed feedback on this.

Attachments

• Test version 0.54.w3x
    969.3 KB · Views: 96
Level 7
Actually a lot of guys are telling me that my map is appearing broken. Why is that? I use warcraft-3 version 1.26

Level 7
^I use 1.26a.

I personally think it is more complicated since there's a lot to click to get something done unlike in WoW; the interface is so vast that can hold room for lots of actions and such.

Actually its a little less clicking.

I made it such that, when you click on any target, a trigger select back your own hero and automatically opens the spell book. You don't have to select your hero after selecting a target.

Then you just have to press spells and it will cast if the target is in range.

Actually its a little less clicking.

I made it such that, when you click on any target, a trigger select back your own hero and automatically opens the spell book. You don't have to select your hero after selecting a target.

Then you just have to press spells and it will cast if the target is in range.

I am aware of that. However, clicking the target before using skills.. could seem pretty otherworldly to long time Warcraft 3 users.

Level 7
I am aware of that. However, clicking the target before using skills.. could seem pretty otherworldly to long time Warcraft 3 users.

hm... Agreed.. Thats why I planning to switchback to orignal warcraft-3 like system.

I will keep the buff-debuff and life bar of the target just as an added bonus.

Will remove the heros own lifebar. Would make things less complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.