• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need some hero abilitys idea's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello all, i currently need some idea's for the following heros classes on my rpg map.

Troll
Dark Mage
Ogre
Knight

If you have any ideas for ability's please let me know this would help out loads, thanks in advance!!

Level 4
Could you please give more information? The names are too vague for someone to think of a skill to suit them well.

Level 6
You gave us quite few info about the kind of map you are planning to to. but i take it for an rpg and therefore will give you abilities according to that:

Troll
  • HP-Regeneration (passiv)
  • stealth while in natural terrain (give % transparency - the more natural the greater the bonus)
  • battlerage (+%dmg, +%att spd, +%dmg taken)
  • [ult] 'call brethren' (calls a couple of trolls from the nearest natural place - e.g. a 'natural' texture tile with a plant on it - time until they arive dependsd on way the have to do until they are near the troll)
Dark Mage
  • some 'doom' or 'parasite' like ability
  • some ability to drain energy from nearby 'evil' (corpses, attacks, deathes, ...)
  • cripple
  • [ult] magnum opus of necromancy (revives all nearby corpses as undead (zomby, skeleton, skeleto narcher, ghul). each of them has a chance to become 'neutral hostile' at the end of the spells duration)
Ogre
  • splash damage(passiv, chance)
  • strength+hp bonus (permanent, passiv)
  • battlerage (passiv, %chance on attack - +%att spd, +%dmg, +%movement, +%dmg taken))
  • [ult] rampage (++% damage, ++%att speed, +%dmg taken)
Knight - i take this one as some kind of paladin
  • critical (passiv)
  • On Guard (when activ, reflects dmg, costs mana in intervall)
  • companionship (passiv, +dmg, +ar, for each allied unit nearby)
  • [ult] knighthood (aura, +dmg, +hp, +ar for nearby allied)

Level 10
some good ideas, thanks very much Raszul, oh btw how would I go about making the “guard” ability, what ability would you base it off then modify, the other are quite straight forward tho I could probably do these up. Thanks again mate.

Level 6
i guess i would base it on
  • 'flame cloak' (dunno what it is in eng - in ger its 'Flammenaura')

that one already requires mana in some intervalls, and with the damage set to 0 you only need to add a reflection-ability and remove it. Then you done.
(i use that ability quite often ^^ - e.g. for invisibility or stuff like that -> active until 'issued order targeting point' or '.. targeting unit' or '... targeting object')

i hope it helped you.

Btw:
i would recommend you some of the following abilities.
(you might use a spellbook to grant a list of all possibilities)
  • fletchery
    only usefull with an armor system
    an ability to create arrows or other wooden projectiles (maybe even bows, or/and crossbows)
  • armory
    crafting armors
    a smith ability that crates defensive items
  • weaponry
    the offensive version of armory
  • alchemy
  • thaumaturgy/enchanting
    an ability to give items magical abilites
    this creates useable recepies to combine items into once with somewhat magical abilities (lifesteal, frostdamage, ...)

using (some) of these abilities would grant you the possibility to couse the players to do some more teamwork ^^

i hope my ideas help you a little

Level 10
ahhh some excellent idea's mate, i will try include these abilitys aswell, but i am a littel worried they may be out of my leauge slighty but still i will try find the triggers or some examples and try learn. thanks again mate, you have been a great help!!

p.s if anyone else has any other idea's for other hero classes i would be glad to see them, thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.