• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Need some help with a few Triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Been having alot of trouble with this one, im trying to make a book that gives the hero's its hero skills, like in tbr(the black road) but cant get my trigger to work correctly. Here it is(sorry my computer cant get online atm so im on this poc(peice of crap) computer that dont even have enough space to hold wc3 >.> or id use the /trigger function).

• Events
    • Unit - A unit uses an item
  • Conditions
    • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated) equal to Test Spell Book.
    • (Unit type of (Triggering Unit) equal to Warrior.
  • Actions
    • Hero - Lean skill for Warrior:Provoke
that isnt working, its doing absolutely nothing i changed action to Hero-Modify Hero SKill Points to see if my event/conditions are working accuratly and that worked but with Hero- Learn skill for Warrior:provoke it isnt working.

if you know/have a better trigger please post it if you can/will. Or point me in the right direction of makeing it correctly.

This next trigger ive been messing with for 7 days now still cant get it working properly though i have made some improvements i use to have crap respawn every 25 seconds but now it waits for triggering unit to die then spawn only problem is.. some reason after the first 2 times the trigger is used it starts spawning 2 then 3 then 4 etc.. at a time instead of just one. Here it is.

• Events
    • Unit - A unit dies
  • Conditions
    • Owner of (Triggering unit) equal to Neutral Hostile
  • Actions
    • If all Conditions are true then do then actions, else do else actions
      • If - Conditions
        • Number of living Bandit Units owned by Neutral Hostile equal to 0
      • Then - Actions
        • Wait 25.00 seconds
        • Unit - Create 1 Bandit at (center of Starting Area Creeps12<gen> Facing Default building degreese.
      • Else - Actions
        • Do nothing
And finaly the last thing i cant even slightly figure out is a crafting system similar to TBR's is it done through Jass? If not can some one point me in the right direction in creating one? ( using lumber for mats and menu to make items and gain skill ups)

any help with any of these 3 triggers would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.(yes im knew to makeing maps i got wc3 and tft the day they came out and only recently decided to make a map(mainly because going 4 weeks w/o internet gives you nothing to do))

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
i somehow figured out what i needed to do to fix those triggers last night it just popped in my head tryed it and it worked, but now im stuck on 2 other triggers i cant seem to get to work.

Need a bit of help with chance to drop trigger for certain creeps, like lets say bandit has chance to drop a certain 10 items and a equal chance to drop nothing and agian for other certain creeps.

And the next one i cant get to work for the life of me ive tried many diffrent ways and it just doesnt seem to work, makeing the hero not be able to hold 2 of the same item. I dont think its right in a rpg for a unit to use like 2-6 Bows or Helmets. i do however have a working character requirement items like Bow can only be held by rangers, Baghnacks can only be used by Monks etc. But just cant figure out a trigger to make a hero drop a item like lets say Ranger has a maple bow and goes to pick up a second maple bow, i want it to keep the first maple bow and drop the second. How would i go about doing this?

Edit: Still dont know a way to make a crafting design.
these 2 i havent been able to figure out and wont be messing with them like i did the other 2 so the next post wont be in vain.

Last edited:
Level 6
Terror, i didnt get this really:
Terror666 said:
Edit: Still dont know a way to make a crafting design.
these 2 i havent been able to figure out and wont be messing with them like i did the other 2 so the next post wont be in vain.

Have you figured out the two new triggers you mentioned above, about the % chance to drop and not two of the same item types (swords/helmets)?

I'll gladly help you, do you need help with those?

EDIT-

I tried some stuff out with the ItemType issue, and there are different ways to solve it using triggers, by using these properties for an item: Item Level and Item Class or giving each item a "custom value" with triggers.
Checking what kind of Level/Class/Value each item in the inventory has can work, but i guess it would be best if you ask in the JASS forum, since they might be able to create a new "Classes" and "Objects" with new properties (im talking about more advanced programming). There are surely finished systems for this since there are alot of RPG's using this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.