• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need some help with a few Triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Been having alot of trouble with this one, im trying to make a book that gives the hero's its hero skills, like in tbr(the black road) but cant get my trigger to work correctly. Here it is(sorry my computer cant get online atm so im on this poc(peice of crap) computer that dont even have enough space to hold wc3 >.> or id use the /trigger function).

Event
Unit- A unit uses an item
Condition
(Item-type of (Item being manipulated) equal to Test Spell Book.
(Unit type of (Triggering Unit) equal to Warrior.
Actions
Hero- Lean skill for Warrior:provoke

that isnt working, its doing absolutely nothing i changed action to Hero-Modify Hero SKill Points to see if my event/conditions are working accuratly and that worked but with Hero- Learn skill for Warrior:provoke it isnt working.

if you know/have a better trigger please post it if you can/will. Or point me in the right direction of makeing it correctly.

This next trigger ive been messing with for 7 days now still cant get it working properly though i have made some improvements i use to have crap respawn every 25 seconds but now it waits for triggering unit to die then spawn only problem is.. some reason after the first 2 times the trigger is used it starts spawning 2 then 3 then 4 etc.. at a time instead of just one. Here it is.

Event
Unit- A unit dies.
Condition
Owner of (Triggering unit) equal to Neutral Hostile
Actions-
If all Conditions are true then do then actions, else do else actions
If Condition-
Number of living Bandit Units owned by Neutral Hostile equal to 0
Then Do Action-
Wait 25.00 seconds
Unit- Create 1 Bandit at (center of Starting Area Creeps12<gen> Facing Default building degreese.
Else Action-
Do nothing

And finaly the last thing i cant even slightly figure out is a crafting system similar to TBR's is it done through Jass? If not can some one point me in the right direction in creating one? ( using lumber for mats and menu to make items and gain skill ups)

any help with any of these 3 triggers would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

edit: I think i may of posted this in the wrong section ill try in gui ( just finished exploreing this site more thoroughly)

Last edited:
Level 10
Event
Unit- A unit uses an item
Condition
(Item-type of (Item being manipulated) equal to Test Spell Book.
(Unit type of (Triggering Unit) equal to Warrior.
Actions
Hero- Lean skill for Warrior:provoke

Ok for that one. Here is what you need to change.

• Event- A unit uses an item
  • Conditions
  • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated) equal to Test Spell Book
  • (Unit type of ([B]Hero Manipulating Item[/B]) equal to Warrior
  • Actions
  • Hero - Learn skill for (Hero manipulating item) : Provoke

Event
Unit- A unit dies.
Condition
Owner of (Triggering unit) equal to Neutral Hostile
Actions-
If all Conditions are true then do then actions, else do else actions
If Condition-
Number of living Bandit Units owned by Neutral Hostile equal to 0
Then Do Action-
Wait 25.00 seconds
Unit- Create 1 Bandit at (center of Starting Area Creeps12<gen> Facing Default building degreese.
Else Action-
Do nothing

I suggest making 2 seperate triggers for this one

Im gonna call them Respawn and Respawn Activate.

Respawn:
  • Event- Map intilization
  • Conditions- Owner of (Triggering unit) equal to Neutral Hostile
  • Actions-
  • If all Conditions are true then do then actions, else do else actions
  • If Condition-
  • Number of living Bandit Units owned by Neutral Hostile equal to 0
  • Then Do Action- Turn on Respawn Activate <Gen>
  • Else Action- Turn off this trigger

Respawn Activate (Make sure to make this "Intially off"

• Event -Timer-Every 25 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • Actions Create 1 bandit at (Your reigon) facing blah blah
  • Turn on Respawn <Gen>
  • Turn off this trigger

I did this out of memory, so i dont remember the EXACT trigger names, but it should be something very similar.

Also, excuse my poor use of the trigger tags. They dont work well for me.

Level 2
I looked through every post in this section last night and found a good respawn trigger only one thing about it doesnt work " Custom Script: Call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint) " for some reason that custom script doesnt work ( i know nothing about custom scripts) but the trigger works flawlessly without the custom script. (it wont let me save the trigger with the custom script).

and last night i was up til 5.30 est messing with triggers and found that changing Hero- Learn Skill Book: Provoke to Unit- Learn Skill Book:provoke and that worked flawlessly. now im just remakeing all my spells into books but i have a new problem arise. i made 3 skills called "Agility" "Strength" and "Intellegence" as the only every level skills you get and just use books for spells every so and so levels. But the 3 skills do absolutly nothing i based them off of Item Increase Agility STR and INT. i want them to add to base str/agi/int and not like attribute bonus does doing +1 all then +2 all etc. thanks agian for the help ill try out your respawn see if it works better than the one i found last night(or this morning how ever you want to see it).

Status
Not open for further replies.