• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Smart Idea: How to turn lighting into water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Chain Lightning : how can this turn into a spell used by water mage?
* Icon of water which can't be Summon Water Elemental since its used.
* Effect that looks like water are jumping instead of lightning.
Firstly, is that even possible: is there models that can fuction like lighting effect, and replace it?
Secondly: can't call this "chain water" , any idea?
Pointing me into package of water spells is appreciated.

Level 6
I would just check the icon section for water looking icons. If Doctor Super Goods idea doesn't work just check the spells section for a water chain spell or just a regular chain and change the models if possible. As for the name of the spell what about any of these, "Unrelenting Tide", "Liquid Shock", "Water Jolt", or "Aquatic Surge".

Level 15
I would just check the icon section for water looking icons. If Doctor Super Goods idea doesn't work just check the spells section for a water chain spell or just a regular chain and change the models if possible. As for the name of the spell what about any of these, "Unrelenting Tide", "Liquid Shock", "Water Jolt", or "Aquatic Surge".

"Water Jolt" = +rep.
Use the water elemental projectile and turn off lightning effect. Chain lightning has both a projectile and a lightning effect if I recall.

fail...

How do I make water effect ability out of lighting? do you know a model that would fit?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
fail...

How do I make water effect ability out of lighting? do you know a model that would fit?

Use the water elemental projectile and turn off lightning effect. Chain lightning has both a projectile and a lightning effect if I recall.

It should fire both a projectile and a lightning effect every jump if I recall. Turn off the lightning effect completly and rely on the projectile for the water like effect. Use the water elemental projectile model as that has a nice watery ribbion emmiter.

Level 15
It should fire both a projectile and a lightning effect every jump if I recall. Turn off the lightning effect completly and rely on the projectile for the water like effect. Use the water elemental projectile model as that has a nice watery ribbion emmiter.

it fails to shoot off the projectile, instead shows nothing, the caster do his animation, and suddenly the enemy takes the damage.

Level 15
Maybe finger of death that also fires a missle. Strange because chain lightning does have a missle art, just it appears it does not fire one.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnwaterchainheal-114884/?prev=search=water&d=list&r=20

+ lightning effect "drain mana"
+ sound : water elemental attack

+rep for encouraging me to try million times till I finnaly made it.

Status
Not open for further replies.