• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need sleep... can't get it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
So I went to bed at midnight or something, and woke up at 1 or so. Then I spent the next 2 1/2 hours talking in chat here. Then I tried to go back to sleep, as the sun was rising. I failed at that, and I have spent the last 15 minutes playing with my cat trying to figure out why I can't sleep. I've gotten a maximum of 1.5 hours of sleep. Now the sun is nearly in the sky, and there's no hope of me sleeping due to frantic bird song right out my window (I don't even feel tired). I know that unless I consume a ton of caffiene within the next 12 hours, I will feel awful. Just wondering, what do you people do when you can't sleep?

Level 15
I was not able to sleep last night too :wink: I went to bed arround midnight too but i did nothing except lying in my bed looking at the clock and thinking... i thought alot real life :sad: i got up at 7am ( im even not able to do that when i have school and should get up early - atm ive got holidays )
The difference is that i AM tired :bored::angry:

Level 13
Well occasionally you wake up.

Overall, it was the chat that made it so you couldn't fall asleep.

The computer stimulates you, and helps you stay awake, and the effect can sometimes take several hours to wear off.

So if you had lied in bed, watched TV, or read a book, you would've most likely fallen asleep.

Level 3
yea lol i would go with Baron's ideas, i have some kind of messed up sleeping stuff going on so i rarely get sleep. And now especially in the summer, this shitty apartments A/C sux and my room stays hot 24/7 so i find it very difficult to sleep when my room is like 90+ degrees (Fahrenheit). dam California sux nutsssssssssssssssss!!!!! rawr:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 36
I sleep fine :) I went to bed at midnight last night, and woke up once at 3:45 and then finally at 8:40.

When I can't sleep though, I read.... but that usually doesn't work for me, because I really, really like reading, so i'll start reading a book, and even if I do get tired, I don't want to go to sleep again xD

They say the worst thing you can do when trying to fall to sleep is keep glancing at the clock, so don't do that.

Level 3
lol yea i used to try and read when i couldnt sleep but i stopped doing that. What it did to me was when i was finally feeling tired or whatnot i would put it down and try to go to sleep, but then i cant stop thinking about the book or at least ideas from the book and developing them into stories of my own or just plain cant stop thinking about what may happen next, mostly just to much shit running through my head to fall asleep easily ARGH lol

Level 26
Well, out of personal experience, people, when they stay up all night or something, tend to feel not tired, but when they lay down, they eventually fall dead asleep for a long period of time.

If that doesn't work, sometimes the best solution is not trying to sleep at all, but instead trying to do something that interests you. Other methods include pomegranates and warm milk.

Level 8
Gaming in generall keeps me awake. I can stay up for ages playing Counter Strike without noticing that I am tired. Then, I'm in a mindset for action, not sleep, so it's hard to fall asleep.

Level 3
lol i do like it here, just sometimes during the summer it just gets so dam annoying with no a/c or good fan. And well about the drinking: 1-Im only 18 and 2-I live in a whole family of drunks and ive seen what drinkin can do to people, so ive vowed never to drink. o.0

Status
Not open for further replies.