• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, in my map some things arnt working that i wish you could fix. These things used to work but now they don't for some reason...

first, i have the trigger for disabling fog of war but it is not working.
second, For the blue side the model i put in doesn't show up, the model should still be working i dont know why it doesn't work now.

my map will be in pastebin

Level 18
You know, instead of using triggers to attach special effects you could instead modify the "Sphere" ability (the one the Bloodmage has) and then add it to the unit. I see "YodaEffect" and it is really unnecessary.

I don't see any triggers that remove the fog of war. Okay, here it is, "map vis". There is no event and this trigger is never executed, so what exactly were you expecting this 1 line to do?

• map vis
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Visibility - Disable fog of war
      • Visibility - Disable black mask
That is what your "map vis" trigger should look like.

lordsmell said:
second, For the blue side the model i put in doesn't show up, the model should still be working i dont know why it doesn't work now.

He means that the TwilekJediFinal model is not working properly. I tried exporting the model, portrait, and texture and then reimporting them and it still did not work. Do you know what the paths for the resources are supposed to be after they are imported? You used "Textures" as a sub-folder before, so I'll try that.

Well I've played around with the imports a little bit, but I would really need the original files to import it properly. The texture shows up properly when I import it and the portrait shows the top-half of the model in front of a big black box texture. The actual model doesn't show up at all.

Level 18
I opened up the model in War3ModelEditor and the textures were unavailable. After reimporting the textures in the model editor and referencing them with the appropriate materials I got the model to work again. Rather than having you do all this, I have attached a version of the map that works (it has the visibility modifications too).

Attachments

• Star Wars_modified.w3x
    3.9 MB · Views: 76
Status
Not open for further replies.