• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello guys.

I've been using the World Editor for quite some time and I can say that I'm fairly good with it (except for JASS).

Now I'm stuck with something I've never used before. I'm making a Tower Defense map and I'm really new to it. I'm having problems regarding several things...

1.) How do I use the "Combat - Attack Area of Effect (Full/Medium/Small Damage)" in the Object Editor? I can't seem to make it work. I tried giving my towers "Cleaving Attack" (I know it doesn't work with ranged units but I still experimented) and it didn't work.

2.) How can I change Attack and Defense Types? Like make Piercing attacks deal full damage to this type of armor and half damage to that type of armor.

3.) How do I use the "Long Rifle" and the "Moon Glaive" Upgrades? I mean, how can I specify how much range to add and how much targets to add (and how much damage is lost on each bounce). I'm really confused on what "Attack Target Count Bonus - Base/Increment" and "Attack Range Bonus - Base/Increment" means.

It will help a lot if someone can answer even just one question. Also, if you can post a link to a place that answers TD related questions, please do so. Thanks. :)

Level 16
Seas =)

1) I think, the attack type must me: Missle (Splash).

2) For this you need to check: Advanced > Gameplay Constants... There you find all "Combat - Damage bonus tabels" (1.00 = 100% damage / 0.25 = 25% damage)

3) The "Base"-Value: If you research this upgrade you gain this bonus. ( Upgrade Level 1). The "Increment"-Value: If the upgrade has more levels (for example 5), each upgrade will be increased by this number.

Upgrade example: (Long Rifle)
Base is 50. Increment is 50. You research this upgrade (level 1). The unit got +50 range now. If you research the upgrade (level 2) the units gains again +50 range again.

Same with the gold/lumber cost. If both have base: 100 and increment: 200" you will pay the following costs: 100 > 300 > 500 > 700 > ...

With the upgrade time the same: If you have as base: 10 and as Increment: 5 you need the following research time: 10> 15 > 20 > 25 > ...

Level 7
Hello guys.
1.) How do I use the "Combat - Attack Area of Effect (Full/Medium/Small Damage)" in the Object Editor? I can't seem to make it work. I tried giving my towers "Cleaving Attack" (I know it doesn't work with ranged units but I still experimented) and it didn't work.

2.) How can I change Attack and Defense Types? Like make Piercing attacks deal full damage to this type of armor and half damage to that type of armor.

3.) How do I use the "Long Rifle" and the "Moon Glaive" Upgrades? I mean, how can I specify how much range to add and how much targets to add (and how much damage is lost on each bounce). I'm really confused on what "Attack Target Count Bonus - Base/Increment" and "Attack Range Bonus - Base/Increment" means.

1) set Weapon type to "Artillery" and set Combat - Attack Area of Effect (Full/Medium/Small Damage) to any value I dont know how many percentage damage does Medium/small but you can test that
2) Advanced > Game Constants..
3) Use upgrades for long range set base range set increment range(if more then one level), for Moon Glave make upgrade effect 1 set to "attack target count bonus" and make that tower attack type to missile (bounce).
"Attack Range Bonus - Base/Increment"
-Base is 1 level upgrade if set to 0 when you upgrade then you wont get any range bonus.
-Increment is all other levels of upgrade if base set to 0 and increment set to 50 then 1 lvl upgrade will increase 0 range 2 lvl 50 range 3 lvl 100 , etc... You can set as many upgrade levels as you want.
"Attack Target Count Bonus - Base/Increment"
Same like range bonus but instead of range increase you get bonus targets.
Don't forget to add That upgrade to that units which you want to be upgraded. This have to be put in object editor select unit then go down and search for "Techtree - Upgrade Used"

I hope this helps you somehow..

Status
Not open for further replies.