• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Help with Strafe and Multiple shot archer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Dont´ know how do the strafe, no idea. The multipleshot i´ve tried Forsaken Lighting by Naga.. no Sucess any idea.

but my hero dont have normal attack, the attacks is only from abilities.. the strafe is like in D2, 5 arrows same target, and multipleshot like the naga..

Other question, have made a special arrow, with death coil spell, but cant remove the green effect when hit target, storm bold already used

Has an idea for strafe... using the berserk spell, but must enable normal attack

Last edited:
Level 12
i´ve made a strafe spell
  • Berserk
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 2 (Blue) Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Strafe
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Antonia
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add classification of Mechanical to (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Add Critical Strikeee to HeroVariable
      • Wait 10.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove classification of Mechanical from (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Remove Critical Strikeee from HeroVariable
The only classification that can be attacked is mechanical, so when the strafe starts, add mechanical to target?? Is there other better possibilites?

i´ve made a strafe spell
  • Berserk
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 2 (Blue) Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Strafe
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Antonia
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add classification of Mechanical to (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Add Critical Strikeee to HeroVariable
      • Wait 10.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove classification of Mechanical from (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Remove Critical Strikeee from HeroVariable
The only classification that can be attacked is mechanical, so when the strafe starts, add mechanical to target?? Is there other better possibilites?
Note that (Target unit of ability being cast) is not safe after the wait, meaning that if you cast another spell with another unit within those 10 seconds, it points to the wrong unit.
You'd need to track the target, storing it in a variable

Level 24
Strafe : attack 1 target with increased speed attack , critical chance appears.

Multiple shot : attack multiple targets at same time

The unit is Archer... is the same abilities of The Amazon in D2
Clarification is needed as not everyone has played D2; additionally, you get help faster when you hold honey in your hands not dirty linens marinated in axe body spray and cheetos dust.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Clarification is needed as not everyone has played D2; additionally, you get help faster when you hold honey in your hands not dirty linens marinated in axe body spray and cheetos dust.
Based on his description, albeit extremely vague, this is what he wants:

Strafe: Single-target ability that forces the hero to fire 5 arrows at it's target. I assume you can't cancel this just like in Diablo 2. These attacks (or custom missiles) would also have critical strike.

Multiple Shot: Point target ability that fires a cone of arrows that travel outward and are destroyed upon impact. Each arrow can only hit a target once (so no shotgunning).

Whether they're meant to deal Spell damage or be tied to the hero's Attack I don't know. Spell damage is obviously the easiest method.

Status
Not open for further replies.