• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with single player saves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Ive been trying to play this solo and ive run into one problem. The map is amazing, the whole storyline and system is the best ive played but its unplayable. Anytime i have to close the game, or stop a session of play. I save the game by using the warcraft 3 inbuilt save system. I tried to use the maps command to save but it says thats not available in single player (not sure what use that would be in multiplayer or how it works, if someone could explain that.) The problem comes when i try to load the game from the warcraft load menu. It begins the progress bar for the map and about 70% of the way, it crashes with an error. Ill need to find the exact text of the error but it says essentially it cant find something for the map and wont open. What is going on and how do i fix it. The best map ive ever played and i cant play it past level 10! Its driving me insane.

Edit: I found how to use LAN to save the game so its playable now, i am struggling with one thing, is there a way to save the map progress? Quests and items and levels seem to load just find but your map goes completely black when you load. Is there anyway to keep the map explored and not have to re-explore every piece of it that you already explored?

Last edited:
Level 10
No there is not anyway to save the explored map. The only thing that is saved is your level, gear, souls, gold ect. things like that. You'll want to save using the -save feature as you've discovered as opposed to the built in save feature wc3 has. Playing the map on LAN should allow you to save as you've also discovered. You'll be able to play the majority of the map solo,albeit slightly slower, but this game is truly designed to be played with other individuals. There are dungeons and such later in the game that require 3-4 people in order to complete. There is a GAIAS Discord you can use in order to find premade parties

Status
Not open for further replies.