• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Solved] Need Help with Recipe items!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi. I've been trying to workout triggers for working out Recipe style items. i.e Boots of speed + Gem of sight + Boots of sight recipe = Boots of sight. (Just random names as an example) Anyways if anyone knows how to do this and can help me out I would appreciate it, thanks. :wink:

Level 15
here is the basic consept for item recipies you can also use any recipie system that suits u there are heeps

• recipie 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type item 1) Equal to True
          • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type item 2) Equal to True
          • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type item 3(this can be the recipie) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type item 1 )
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type item 2)
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type item 3)
          • Hero - Create recipie item and give it to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions

Level 6
This is so frustrating!! I just tried your concept and it doesn't do anything still. I have all the conditions right I have these item (periapt of vitallity), (Shield of longevity), (Recipe).It seems like it just hates me. Whenever i test my map and buy all 3 items nothing ever happens. I have also tried a harder Recipe Trigger and copied it and still nothing. Please Help. I need something that works for 2 Different Item types, and a Recipe

Last edited:
Level 4
here is the basic consept for item recipies you can also use any recipie system that suits u there are heeps

• recipie 1
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type item 3(this can be the recipie) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type item 3)
          • Hero - Create recipie item and give it to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions

Fix a little or he won't understand :goblin_yeah:
  • recipie 1
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type item-recipe (if needed) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type item-recipe)
          • Hero - Create Final-item and give it to (Hero manipulating item)
        • Else - Actions
However you can set item1 item2 etc... to Array Variables for faster using.
( Little Note: I'm using Runes for Repcipe )

Last edited:
Level 6
  • FirstItemRECIPE
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Shield of longevity ) Equal to True
          • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Periapt of Vitality) Equal to True
          • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Shield of Arthas (Recipe)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Shield of longevity )
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Periapt of Vitality)
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Shield of Arthas (Recipe))
          • Hero - Create Shield of Arthas and give it to (Hero manipulating item)
        • Else - Actions
(Note: The created item says periapt of vitality but its actually the Recipe item) I'm sorry I don't know how to post the trigger how it looks exactly in the Trigg editor. I hope this is good enough. Also I tried the trigger again this morning and i still can't make it work. its gotta be me I just don't know where i went wrong. Are you guys using Item-type variables? just wondering.

Last edited:
Level 6
Okay i edited it so u can see my trigger now. Shield of longevity + periapt of vitality + Recipe = Shield of Arthas. I'm really starting to feel defeated by this o_o. Im trying everything

Level 20
Which trigger you are using?

- Change 'Hero Manipulating Item' for 'Triggering Unit'
- If you are not using the 'Else' function, use the common condition/actions in the trigger.

Level 6
  • FirstItemRECIPE
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Shield of Longevity) Equal to True
      • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Periapt of Vitality) Equal to True
      • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Shield of Arthas Recipe) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Shield of Longevity)
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Periapt of Vitality)
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Shield of Arthas Recipe)
      • Hero - Create Shield Of Arthas and give it to (Triggering unit)
I Changed the unit to triggering from hero manipulating and moved conitions up to the regular position. but still nothing happens.

Level 20
Actions are fine, Conditons are fine. It should work.

- Some obvious stuff: Is the Trigger Active? Is the Trigger On? Does the Unit really have those items and not different ones?
-----------------------------------

Some possible solutions:
1) Make the recipe usable, and trigger when the recipe is used.

-----------------------------------

Edit: You're definitely doing something wrong :) I did this in 2 minutes and worked perfectly.
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Claws of Attack +15) Equal to True
      • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Crown of Kings +5) Equal to True
      • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Kelen's Dagger of Escape) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Claws of Attack +15)
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Crown of Kings +5)
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Kelen's Dagger of Escape)
      • Hero - Create Mask of Death and give it to (Triggering unit)
Maybe Shield of Arthas is based on a PowerUp, or has 'Used when acquired', or something...
Create a Debug Message (Add a Game - Display to all players the text: Bla bla' to check if the trigger is actually working and it's just an action that doesn't work)

Level 6
Solved! Okay I had my shop selling the wrong periapt of vitallity for some reason and the gold cost was the same so i never picked up on it. Thanks all for the help. tested and works! I also Changed the items name from Shield of Arthas to Shield of Phantom and added a trigger effect to where when you cast the shield you take 0 damage for 4 seconds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.