• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item without recipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I want to make an item that requires combination of items but doesn't need the recipe to combine. If you play DotA before, item that doesn't need the recipe to combine still show at the shop but it cannot be buy. When you click on that specific item, it will shows that "You do not need to purchase the recipe for this item"

Can anyone help me with this? I just want that item to show on the shop cannot be buy.

Level 28
If your map doesn't need lumber, then make the item cost 1 lumber if not make the stock start delay to - 3600 (i guess your map won't last that long). But I know dota have a trigger on it.

EDIT: I guess this would work, just make a dummy item for the recipe that the player will see on the merchant, put that item on the condition, then the other one that the player will really recieve

211785-albums5408-picture56363.jpg

OH WAIT IT DIDN'T WORK, JUST wait, I also did this on my map, I just need to recall the trigger

EDIT: That should work now, but try it, I only try it when a unit picks the item not actually bought it oh about the action it should be "triggering unit not Gunner001"

Level 12
My map did use lumber :O
Anyway, thanks for your help :D
I found a way for that. I used unit as an dummy item. Of course, that unit don't have any model.
There goes my trigger who needs it.
  • Disabled
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Selling unit)) Equal to Arcane Vault
      • (Unit-type of (Selling unit)) Equal to Arcane Vault
    • Actions
      • Set tempPlayerGroup = (Player group((Owner of (Sold unit))))
      • Game - Display to tempPlayerGroup for 3.00 seconds the text: ...
      • Custom script: call DestroyForce (udg_tempPlayerGroup)
The text displays "You do not need to purchase the recipe for this item"

Level 33
Just use Tomes instead of real items bought and be given to the Hero.

Tomes can still be bought if your Hero has full inventory item, therefore eventhough you have full inventory, you still can click the item and has the message "You don't need recipe item for this item"

Status
Not open for further replies.