• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Need help with Quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I am making a Goblin Campaign and im stuck on a quest...

The Quest is to kill 3 buildings... how do I do the triggers so that the quests gets completed after they have died? And how do I do so it stands how many you have killed like: Destroyed 2/3 Kobold Caves.

And the Trigger Mark quest as complete only has the choice (last created quest) How do I fix so its a speficic quest instead, i suppose its in variables..If so then how?

Thanks in advances / Zorga

Level 29
Ok, as I see from your message you are pretty new to map making so welcome to world's editor :wink:

Now I really suggest you to just try out stuff, even without any goal just to familiarize your self with the editor.

Anyway back to your question.
This will need 2 triggers, one to make the quest (you can put in it all the quests you want, not only this one), and one to update/finish it.

First trigger:
  • Unknown
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Quest - Create a Optional quest titled Kobold Caves with the description You need to destroy..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp
      • Set KoboldCaves = (Last created quest)
This trigger makes the quest.

Second trigger:
  • Unknown
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Footman
    • Actions
      • Set Buildings = (Buildings + 1)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Buildings Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Update message: 1/3 kobold caves de...
          • Quest - Change the description of KoboldCaves to You need to destroy...
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • Buildings Equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Update message: 2/3 kobold caves de...
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • Buildings Equal to 3
        • Then - Actions
          • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Update message: 3/3 kobold caves de...
        • Else - Actions
This is a little harder since as you appointed, it uses 2 variables.
The first called KoboldCaves which we made in the first trigger, is a Quest variable.
You will need to make quest variables only in case you have (and I presume you will have) more then one quest.
The second variable called Buildings is a unit variable indicating the 3 buildings.
Basicly what this trigger does, is just writting a quest update on the screen and in the quest log, when the players destroy the buildings.
It can be done in various ways, I this this is the shortest one.

The continuation actions... you make them :wink:

Level 7
Thanks! And actually im not new to worldedit :wink: i have been working with it in about 4 years :grin: (Besides playing others games) its just that i never have made campaigns with more advanced quests until now....

The trigger to make the quest i could it was the other1 that did'nt grasp... oh well thanks for help again! + Rep :wink:

Edit: how do i do Set Buildings = (Buildings + 1) if Buildings is a unit variable?

Last edited:
Level 29
Lol im soooo sorry didn't notice I wrote Unit Variable... its an Integar.:eekani:
Also forgot to make Buildings any value.
In the first trigger add the variable - "Set Buildings = 0".

And if you don't know how to do the value thing its like this:

Get into Arithmetic in the Set Variable (its the defult in setting variables and defult look of it is "Value + 1").
Click on the Value and make it to be the Buildings variable.
Then just click Ok untill it gets out since the "+ 1" is a defult.

And I also just rememeberd you can't see any diffrent thing beetwin the "Set Description of quest"s , I made at the end of the description that it will say this - "You have destoryed 0/3 Caves".
So the next ones edit it to say 1/3 , 2/3 and 3/3.

Level 7
It's ok i figured it out anyway... Now it works great! And Ghostwolf as i said im not a total newbie to worldedit so yes i did know how to to the value trigger. Thanks for all the help i have got anyways!

Status
Not open for further replies.