• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Quest Problems :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Not so long ago I posted some quest triggers I used for Quests and after I made the changes they started bugging alot. How they work is that a unit buys a dummy unit to accept a quest and to turn it in once completed.

Changes made was:
- I set the player number into a variable. (Integer_PlayerNumQuests)
- I set the buying unit into a variable. (Unit_Quests)

I have uploaded 2 pictures. The first shows the trigger which is used to start/turn in a quest. The second to count the progress of the quest.

Known issues:
- When quest was completed (all 10 Makruras was killed) the quest didnt get marked gray and completed but the text showed that the quest was completed.
- When I turned in the quest I got the XP and Gold rewards but the Quest was not destroyed.
- When I picked the Quest up again I only had to kill 1 Makrura to get it to be completed.
- When I had both this Quest and a second Quest I just had to kill one creep to get both quests completed.

(Second Quest has the same triggers but using the variable "Quest_002" instead of "Quest_001".)

If anyone has a good idea why it does not work, please let me know. I need a basic layout of the Quest triggers so I can just copy/paste with new variables for the rest of the Quests.

+Rep and credits in map ofcourse for help on fixing this.

Attachments

• TriggerError1.jpg
    TriggerError1.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 72
  • TriggerError2.jpg
    TriggerError2.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 78
Level 19
I see in your selling trigger you use "buying unit" a bit... shouldn't it be selling unit? thats probably totally throwing off your variables

Level 11
Hmm.. no it should be buying unit, the buying unit is the player which holds the data i need to store.

I want to make every quest unique to that specific player by using the player number as an array. So I cant use the selling unit for anything really since thats an NPC.

I found the problem now..

The variable for the last created quest did not work since the array variable changed in value I think so it could not find the right quest. The bad thing is that I have to make a new variable for every quest then so there will be loads of variables :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 19
Can't debug ATM but I believe buying unit only returns data when the event is a unit is bought

Status
Not open for further replies.