• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with owner changing trigger! +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey, Im making a trigger that in a certain region all the units owned by Gray should change color and ownership to Brown, but the units of other players in the same region should remain the same.. please help me out!

Level 2
  • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 000 <gen>) and do (Actions)
    • Schleifen - Aktionen
      • If ((Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to Player 9 (Gray)) then do (Unit - Change ownership of (Picked unit) to Player 12 (Brown) and change color) else do (Do nothing)
I think this is what you need.

Level 16
Seas =)

I think I have to edit this post a little bit:

You should use:
  • TestTrigger 1234
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) owned by Player 9 (Gray)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Change ownership of (Picked unit) to Player 12 (Brown) and Change color
First of all: XmmmX99's way isn't wrong

But I read that this way is better. You need to thing @XmmmX99 trigger ALL units and all structures will picked and after he check the condition. In my the condition is directly "checked" ( I don't know who said this to me - but I remember it )

Level 2
Yeah, you're right. Your trigger is faster.
Made this in a hurry and i don't use GUI very often. :csmile:
+rep for this

Status
Not open for further replies.