• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with disabling autocast {how to remove autocast?}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So i have this spell called Inner Fire, which you can right-click to make it autocast, the thing is that i want to disable the autocast ability, is this even possible?

Level 16
So i have this spell called Inner Fire, which you can right-click to make it autocast, the thing is that i want to disable the autocast ability, is this even possible?

That isn't possible. You can make it only with triggers.

EDIT: Added trigger
1. Create a dummy unit with your custom inner fire.
2. Create a Ability based on Storm Bolt or any target spell.
- - You can also use channel. See this thread for more info
3. Implement this trigger

• Inner Fire
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes Casting an Ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to <YourAbility>
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Hero manipulating item))
      • Unit - Create 1 <Dummy> for (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Dummy = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order Dummy to <AbilityOrderID> (Hero manipulating item)
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to Dummy
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
      • Custom script: set udg_Dummy = null

Level 6
Which one of the abilities goes where? (inner fire and storm bolt)

and why do you use (hero manipulating item) when there is no item involved? i dont get why this would work

Level 6
If i set the first condition to Storm bolt the trigger will never kick off since no one will cast the storm bolt ability? ahhh i think i get the whole thing now, the storm bolt will be my activating spell right?

Level 2
im really new i dont understand why you would use storm bolt or chain lightning. would it work even if i didn't have the hero using either of those abilities??

Status
Not open for further replies.