• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with Alpha Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm working on a map and I'm trying to add some labels via cinematic filters, but I'm not exactly sure how to get the alpha channel for the texture correct. I created this in Photoshop Elements (yeah, the sucky cheap version that they stick with things like scanners) in TGA format with a transparent background, but when I convert it into BLP that comes out white. I've checked the alpha skinning tutorial in the Tutorial Section but the option to use Alpha channels didn't appear when I conveted it with that - the image is 800/600 so that may be the fault of that. How do I get that correct? (Sorry for spamming this forum with yet another "Help me" thread since I've noticed there's a high Need help to Serious Texturing Talk thread ratio in here).

I attached the image

(Hope its the correct one, the BMP isn't valid here)

Attachments

• ClearviewForest.tga
    62.5 KB · Views: 103
Status
Not open for further replies.