• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Alpha channel is white in-game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Hey,

I am 'trying' to create a new GUI for one of my maps, but the alpha channel is white in-game.

I am sure the alpha channel is set to "none", so it shouldn't be there.
I have extracted the files from the Image Extractor Tool (to know the size of the images), created the textures with Photoshop CS3, saved them as .tga-files (32 bit depth) and converted them to .blp-files with Image Extractor.

If anyone knows what's causing this problem, I can go on with the GUI.
I've searched the site for this problem, but the only thing I've found is how to create an alpha channel (and I know that...)

Here is a little sneak preview: (I know this image doesn't have an alpha channel yet, but the ones I've imported had one).

humanuitile01.jpg

Do not mind the standard warcraft-layout, I've only imported 1 image...
screeny.jpg

(the scales/colors might not be right at the moment, but this is only an alpha preview...)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Level 3
Hey, I have no idea what you are talking about, but, holy shit. That look's awesome! Do you plan on releasing it to the public after it's done?

Make sure that your image isn't a flat image, and is a layer with no background layers below it instead. Then select the things you want alpha'd and hit CTRL+X to kill those pixels. If you did it right, then where you once had the cut stuff, you'll have white and gray squares. Save as a 32-bit tga.

Oh, and you do it on the RGB channel, not Alpha.

Level 28
Make sure that your image isn't a flat image, and is a layer with no background layers below it instead. Then select the things you want alpha'd and hit CTRL+X to kill those pixels. If you did it right, then where you once had the cut stuff, you'll have white and gray squares. Save as a 32-bit tga.

Oh, and you do it on the RGB channel, not Alpha.

Thank you, but it didn't work :s
This is the list of what I did:
  • I opened the .psd-file (the file I've uploaded in my first post)
  • It only had 1 layer (but not flattened), so that wasn't the problem
  • I selected all black areas and deleted them, as I have did before (on my first attempt)
  • I've saved it as a 32-bit tga (without compression)
  • I've converted it to .blp with the Image Extractor-tool (quality doesn't matter)
  • I've imported it in the WE with the path UI\Console\Human\HumanUITile01.blp
The result can be seen in the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.