• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Help With A Halo Wars Trigger!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am making a halo wars map and i need a trigger that if the special abilitys menu building sells an ODST unit that it removes the created unit and only summons 4 ODST units in the middle of the camera bounds if the current camera bounds are not in a fog of war area. plz help!!!!

Last edited:
Level 9
Maybe this?
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to ODST Drop Item
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Loc = (Center of (Current camera bounds))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Temp_Loc is fogged for (Owner of (Hero manipulating item))) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 4 ODST for (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) at Temp_Loc facing Default building facing degrees
          • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
        • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Loc)

Level 9
Camera bounds usually are the entire map if you havent modified them.

Set Temp Loc to position of the players camera and it should work the way you want, if Im getting what you want correctly here. I'm a bit confused on what your asking because you cant have fog in an area where you are buying something >.>

Level 9
Well the player's camera can be away in a fogged area while his purchasing unit as well as the building selling the item revealed, but yea the question needs clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.