• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Minimap Camera bounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi there, this might sound like a noob trigger question - but that is because i am.

here is a trigger:

• SelectHero1
    • Events
      • Unit - Paladin 0004 <gen> Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering player) Equal to Player 1 (Red)) and ((Ability being cast) Equal to Select )
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off Hero1 <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off Untitled Trigger 003 <gen>
      • Selection - Clear selection for (Triggering player)
      • Camera - Set the camera bounds for (Triggering player) to (Initial camera bounds)
      • Camera - Apply Camera 003 <gen> for (Triggering player) over 2.00 seconds
      • Unit - Change ownership of (Triggering unit) to Player 12 (Brown) and Change color
      • Unit - Create 1 Paladin for (Triggering player) at (Center of Spawn1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Camera - Extend the camera bounds for Player 1 (Red) west by 200.00, east by 200.00, north by 200.00, and south by 200.00
      • Trigger - Turn on Untitled Trigger 002 <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Untitled Trigger 004 <gen>
The key area of this is
  • Camera - Set the camera bounds for (Triggering player) to (Initial camera bounds)
and in the other trigger
  • Camera - Set the camera bounds for Player 1 (Red) to (Region centered at (Target of HERO1 <gen>) with size (0.01, 0.01))
This causes a slight bug in the mini-map, caused by the 2nd camera trigger I linked.

the red circle shows where it is on the mini-map, and the arrow pointing to actually where it is on the map.

I'm not sure how this happened, but the camera bound seem to be way off somehow.

any help would be appreciated and if you need me to explain it better then just ask!.

BAe15.jpg

Level 37
  • Camera - Set the camera bounds for Player 1 (Red) to (Region centered at (Target of HERO1 <gen>) with size (0.01, 0.01))
Maybe 0.01 is just too low value. Your hero occupies roughly 100x100 area for comparison.

EDIT: Or maybe not. Could you post some kind of test map so the problem could be seen more clearly?

Level 1
@tjordell: What was that for? Are you joking or being mean to Cushion?

When you set up camera bounds, the mini-map tends to be screwy naturally. That is because the mini-map tracks the dots onto the INITIAL camera bounds. You can't fix this.

If its unfixable then do you suggest any other way to lock the camera in place without changing the camera bounds?

Do not download that i recomend. He's a new guy and shouldn't be trusted to 100%.

Lol.... :/

Level 11
You see, that file ya have there doesn't seem any trustable. The name itself of the file is wierd and also the site. I've never seen that site before and trust me, I've downloaded mroe stuffs that you can even imagine youeself.
Well I did just recomended him to not download it, I didn't said that he was not allowed to.
If i were him I wouldn't download it. No offence but you new guys nowadays do always seem so guilty to something and such.

Level 1
You see, that file ya have there doesn't seem any trustable. The name itself of the file is wierd and also the site. I've never seen that site before and trust me, I've downloaded mroe stuffs that you can even imagine youeself.
Well I did just recomended him to not download it, I didn't said that he was not allowed to.
If i were him I wouldn't download it. No offence but you new guys nowadays do always seem so guilty to something and such.

Thanks for the stereotype... and 2shared is VERY trustable and happend to be the first result i found on google when i typed "file host" into google.

And i've probably downloaded just as much as you, and the file name is because it is the main part of our project on the map. I also have other maps called HeroSelection, this one happens to be the main and its number 1 as its the first part.

happy?

Well, compared to me, you're relatively new. I've been on the Hive half a year longer than you have, but I don't show prejudice against you. But whatever, choose who you wanna trust.

You can always try Camera - Lock Target Camera to Unit/Point

Cheer's illt ry that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.